Abaddon» Forums » General

Subject: Painting the figs? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Conrad Brunner

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone has taken a stab seat painting these figs, any tips/suggestions/advice would be welcome. Because of the size and detail, they are begging to be painted. I would think the most likely scheme would be color-coding similar to the units themselves - black or dark grey for the heavy mechs, red for the mediums, blue for the recons and green for infantry.

I would think it best to detach the figs from the bases but am afraid to try, as they appear to be glued into three pegs in the bases themselves,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'm going to leave the figs and bases together during any painting process, and so paint over both.

A friend snapped a limb on a link, trying to see if they move. I was able to pin it back together, so I know that the serious modeler could customize the poses a bit without too much trouble.

The big question for me is whether to paint two factions with different colored bases? Or four factions with black bases? I doubt I'll go the color-by-tape, since I think their shapes are already pretty distinctive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toy Vault Inc.
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:
I think I'm going to leave the figs and bases together during any painting process, and so paint over both.

A friend snapped a limb on a link, trying to see if they move. I was able to pin it back together, so I know that the serious modeler could customize the poses a bit without too much trouble.

The big question for me is whether to paint two factions with different colored bases? Or four factions with black bases? I doubt I'll go the color-by-tape, since I think their shapes are already pretty distinctive.

I would recommend not painting two color schemes, there are scenarios that use more than half of type of unit on one side. We're having a set painted up, and asked for a rusty beaten look. Please post some pics when you are done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But...but...you have two different factions depicted on the box!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toy Vault Inc.
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:

Best Practice: Buy two sets, paint one Satellite City States Red, and the other Commonwealth Blue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toyvaultinc wrote:
BradyLS wrote:

Best Practice: Buy two sets, paint one Satellite City States Red, and the other Commonwealth Blue.

I just ordered my first copy - if I like the game I will follow your advice and buy a second copy (I hope I really like it!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toyvaultinc wrote:
BradyLS wrote:

I'll buy two if you'll release an expansion!

For those that painted their set, did you wash and prime them first? What color scheme did you use? Did you paint the bases?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.