Subject: The world is full of ___________ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Crap

You could easily make the case for that, at least in North America and the UK.

According to stats compiled by Costco a few years back, the number one selling item at their stores in several countries is:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Toilet paper (Toilet tissue)

There are 429 stores in the USA, 82 in Canada, 32 in Mexico, and 22 in the UK. All of these countries have that same #1 selling item.

Things are quite different in Asia, where households are smaller, and less bulk buying occurs.
There are 13 stores in Japan (#1 item is Downy Fabric Softner)
There are 8 stores in Taiwan (#1 item is Laundry Detergent)
There are 7 stores in South Korea (#1 item is Australian Beef- Chuck roast)

I couldn’t find details for Puerto Rico, which has 8 stores (a google search kept mentioning a website known as BGG???) or for Australia, with 3 stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe Costcos just sells the best priced toilet papper in the US (;
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got to admit, the world produces a load of crap, daily. And not just the human population.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Dunne
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm this. As I had said in the thing your co workers say thread, it's all about poop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Toilet paper is nonperishable so it's the ideal thing to buy wholesale as long as you've got room in your house for it and you're not insanely picky about TP. The Kirkland brand of toilet paper is pretty good quality for the money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr StinkyPants
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the three-ply Quilted TP for my anus. The Kirkland stuff gives me hemorrhoids which is the last thing you need when playing Fart The Game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can think of no other poster more qualified to respond to this then "Mr Stinky Pants"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the quintessential bulk item buy.

Few people are willing to pay much for it (see my note below) and it's something which you go through quite a bit of. So the fact that a wholesale club sells megapacks of the stuff isn't exactly proof of anything.

If all stores that carried toilet paper told us that it was their top seller, we'd have a bit more to talk about.

OK, as for my TP perspective... I believe that life is too short to buy cheap TP, so I go for the top of the line, often aloe-infused stuff. I'd rather get that job done in style and comfort than to save money and use the bare minimum. *ahem*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's nothing worse than one-ply T.P.
OK, maybe a leaf, or a page, from a Sears catalogue, but that's pretty much the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Viruses

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff
United States
Western Great Lakes - Owashtinong Aajigaaning
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

... and games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.