Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Banks
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished mission 1 and it was bloody. A total of 14 casualties were created, 5 of which were evacuated out over the course of the game. However, I earned 40 xp in the process, so it's not all bad.

I am little confused about what I get in terms of replacements and when I can allocate xp.

Specifically, I know I get 6 free steps, but how many of the casualties do I get back? Is it just drawn from the rescued casualties, or from all of them. In other words how many steps do I get:
1. 6 green?
2. 6 green and 1 vet (calculated from the evaced casualties)?
3. 6 green and 3 vet (calculated from all casualties)?
4. Other?

If it's #3, does this mean evacing is something you do just to pick up extra vp?

Finally, do I apply xps before these replacements appear or after?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
DBanks wrote:
I just finished mission 1 and it was bloody. A total of 14 casualties were created, 5 of which were evacuated out over the course of the game. However, I earned 40 xp in the process, so it's not all bad.

I am little confused about what I get in terms of replacements and when I can allocate xp.

Specifically, I know I get 6 free steps, but how many of the casualties do I get back? Is it just drawn from the rescued casualties, or from all of them. In other words how many steps do I get:
1. 6 green?
2. 6 green and 1 vet (calculated from the evaced casualties)?
4. Other?

If it's #3, does this mean evacing is something you do just to pick up extra vp?

Thanks!

David, I don't have the rulebook in front of me, but as I recall there was a pretty specific sequence of how the replacements were added and XP allotted. If you can't find it in the main rulebook, try in the scenario books. My recollection (once again, I don't have my game set in front of me) is that there's a very set sequence of how you should do it, which should answer your questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hobbs
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DBanks wrote:

Thanks!

3 is correct. The rules do not specify that the casualties are from among the evacuated casualties. Evacing them grants you the extra XP.

You do apply the XP before you get your replacement steps; see the sequence spelled out in 10.3.2 (at least in the 2.1 rules, not sure if/where they're at in the original rules).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Banks
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Thanks for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.