Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dom D.
Canada
Chateauguay Valley
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to charlescab over at the Conflict of Heroes board that suggested this game when I posted there asking for help in finding a wargame that my non-gaming dad would like (http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/795240/looking-for-a-wargame...), I just purchased a copy of Frontline General: Spearpoint 1943. I'm really excited to try it out and I have high hope that he'll like it very much.

I guess we'll start with a standard game and the two balanced suggested decks and see where it goes from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Collins
United States
Suffolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom D.
Canada
Chateauguay Valley
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's funny because I've seen many posts about dads loving to play this game with their 10 years old son.
In this case it's gonna be a 28 years old son playing with his 56 years old dad. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats awesome! If you like it, there is an expansion coming out soon that lets you play like the card game you bought or a game with a map and scenarios. Check it out here. Its pretty cool

(Am I helping you start an addiction???)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom D.
Canada
Chateauguay Valley
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a close assault, if the attack succeeds, do you also add the damage index of the assaulting units or just sum up the three intensity dice.

Also, if you CA with more than 3 infantry you sum up all their dice? Not just three of them?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Collins
United States
Suffolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GreyKatana wrote:
In a close assault, if the attack succeeds, do you also add the damage index of the assaulting units or just sum up the three intensity dice.

Also, if you CA with more than 3 infantry you sum up all their dice? Not just three of them?

Thanks.

If the attack succeeds, you add 1D10 die for each attacking infantry unit. So if you use 4 infantry to close assault, add up 4D10. If you use 3, 3D10. Don't add the damage index of each unit's weapons since they're using improvised means to attack (grenades, sticky bombs, etc.) and those weapons are not listed on the Unit cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.