BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Looking for suggestions for my 4 year old's birthday rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gertrude McFuzz

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi - I posted in the Gaming with Kids forum, but thought I'd post here too. My youngest is obsessed with games and soon to turn 4. He has a long attention span for his age and can play for hours straight, and he is gravitating towards more complex games of late (like Castle Panic, Magic Hill, Forbidden Island) - here is a geeklist of his favorites: Games for Young Kids (ages 1-3) - One Mom's Experience

We already have a LOT of games, but I'd like to get a couple more for his birthday.

Since we play most games together while his brothers are in school, any game I get for him has to be a decent 2 player game. It gets bonus points if it also attracts his brothers (ages 6.5 and nearly 10) to play when they're around.

I am thinking about Zooloretto and Skippity, and would love to hear comments on those ideas as well as other suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My rule of thumb for kids games is: never buy a game you wouldn't enjoy playing yourself.

I would give Unnamed Object a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Labyrinth
Animal Upon Animal
Atlantis
Ticket To Ride
Snorta (with a group)

All enjoyable for kids and adults at our house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.