Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks. I have a quick question that I'm hoping someone will know the answer to.

I have a map that I have been playing on since before NPC villages existed. I have played on it quite a bit and done a lot of exploring, but have yet to see an NPC village. Does anyone know if it's possible that they won't appear, even as I uncover new areas? Has anyone had a similar problem? When I've played on other maps, NPC villages seem much more common.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly sure they will spawn - provided you are in a newly generated area... they can be quite rare... On my big map i've found 4 in say 80 map segments - they seem to spawn more in flat-world map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that is rare. In the new games I've created, I've stumbled across them fairly easily. I guess I'll keep searching.

They do spawn more often in superflat worlds, because they won't spawn in an area that's not flat enough.

Thanks for the reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the encouragement. I finally found an NPC village, by using a nether jump into the middle of nowhere and start exploring a new map. The NPC village was just *outside* the map. Thankfully, I decided to climb the ridge and get a better look at my surroundings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.