Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"One at a time, remove up to 3 wounds from each wall on the battlefield and add them to a common or champion unit that is adjacent to that wall."

So, this can be a combination of enemy or controlled walls, and I can chose to put all 3 on one unit, or 1 wound each on up to 3 units?

This seems too good to be true, but I love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LoweringTheBar wrote:
"One at a time, remove up to 3 wounds from each wall on the battlefield and add them to a common or champion unit that is adjacent to that wall."

So, this can be a combination of enemy or controlled walls, and I can chose to put all 3 on one unit, or 1 wound each on up to 3 units?

The only thing I'd question is that it seems to say all the wounds must go to the same card: 'add them to a common or champion unit that is adjacent to that wall'. So maybe you can't spread the wounds from a single wall around?

To be less ambiguous it could've said either 'to any ONE common or champion unit...' or 'to ANY common or champion units...'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Farmer
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cannoneer wrote:
LoweringTheBar wrote:

The only thing I'd question is that it seems to say all the wounds must go to the same card: 'add them to a common or champion unit that is adjacent to that wall'. So maybe you can't spread the wounds from a single wall around?

To be less ambiguous it could've said either 'to any ONE common or champion unit...' or 'to ANY common or champion units...'

I'd say you are over thinking it. If it didn't say "one at a time" I could see that being a possible interpretation. However, I think the "one at a time" part is there just to clarify that it can be different units as Lowering suggested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Farmtown wrote:
cannoneer wrote:
LoweringTheBar wrote:

I'd say you are over thinking it. If it didn't say "one at a time" I could see that being a possible interpretation. However, I think the "one at a time" part is there just to clarify that it can be different units as Lowering suggested.

Yeah, you're probably right. I understood 'one at a time' to be referring to the walls, but it probably does refer to the act of taking off wound markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Demeriat
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here's the ruling:

- You automatically choose all Walls on the Battlefield for Fury of Godshome. An order is picked for them.

- In that order, remove 0, 1, 2, or 3 Wounds from that Wall and place it on an adjacent Unit.

- If, along the way, Wounds end up on another Wall that had already transferred wounds (such as a Stone Golem under the effects of Channeled Summon), you cannot remove those Wounds as that Wall had already been activated.

- Each Wall can only put Wounds on a single Unit. 'One at a time' refers to the ordering of the Walls and that it is not a simultaneous action, not the individual Wound Markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thenightsshadow wrote:
Here's the ruling:

- You automatically choose all Walls on the Battlefield for Fury of Godshome. An order is picked for them.

- In that order, remove 0, 1, 2, or 3 Wounds from that Wall and place it on an adjacent Unit.

- If, along the way, Wounds end up on another Wall that had already transferred wounds (such as a Stone Golem under the effects of Channeled Summon), you cannot remove those Wounds as that Wall had already been activated.

- Each Wall can only put Wounds on a single Unit. 'One at a time' refers to the ordering of the Walls and that it is not a simultaneous action, not the individual Wound Markers.

Huh. I shoulda stuck to my guns

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Eden
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thenightsshadow wrote:
Here's the ruling:

I thought Channeled Summon turned Stone Golems into walls instead of units. The way you write it, they are both walls and units at the same time. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Demeriat
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It is true; Channeled Summon turns the Stone Golems into Walls, but those Walls are also Units. This becomes more interesting when you realize it not only combos with Fury of Godshome and Wall Transference but that you can chain summon Stone Golems next to each other, only to use Fury of Godshome to get 2 Wound Markers on a far-off Unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zawadi Svela
Norway
Skjetten
flag msg tools
mbmb
thenightsshadow wrote:
It is true; Channeled Summon turns the Stone Golems into Walls, but those Walls are also Units. This becomes more interesting when you realize it not only combos with Fury of Godshome and Wall Transference but that you can chain summon Stone Golems next to each other, only to use Fury of Godshome to get 2 Wound Markers on a far-off Unit.

I'm picturing this in my head right now. BEAUTIFUL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One question - if the card says One at a time, remove up to 3 wound from each Wall... does it mean that I can transfer for example 9 wound markers from 3 different walls?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kaszkiet wrote:
One question - if the card says One at a time, remove up to 3 wound from each Wall... does it mean that I can transfer for example 9 wound markers from 3 different walls?

Yup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
Are units killed in this way added to the Mercenary players Magic pile or the owner's discard pile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mercenaries Magic pile, since their event destroyed the unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seba Stian
Norway
Molde
flag msg tools
mb
If one of my walls has no adjacent units, can I remove 3 wounds from it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tarr
msg tools
mbmb
surrutia wrote:
If one of my walls has no adjacent units, can I remove 3 wounds from it?

Nope; they gotta go onto a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.