Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: What game should i get? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Vasington
msg tools
Hey everyone im looking for a really fun new game that I will probably like costing under $70 and running somewhere under 4 hours. The games i own and enjoy right now are...
every Small World game + expansions
Dominion
Settlers of Catan + cities and knights expansion
Mystery Express
Shadows Over Camelot
Ticket to Ride
Im just looking for my moneys worth whether it be a game that ppl who play my games enjoy or an expansion to one of the ganes already up here... what would be the best use of my $70? Thanks for the help!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Quinn
New Zealand
Auckland
none
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If your group enjoy Dominion I would definitely suggest picking up some expansions...maybe start with Intrigue then Prosperity?

7 Wonders for something a bit different
Pandemic if you want to try co-operative gaming
Le Havre works really well with 3 players
Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game is great with 4 players if you want something that plays a bit longer
Mission: Red Planet is fun with a larger group

Hope that helps!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John, I noticed that most of the games you listed are relatively fast-playing games, but you are asking for a game that plays "somewhere under 4 hours". For most, that would seem like a request for a longer game. So just to clarify, are you looking for something of similar length of the games you mentioned, or are you looking for something a bit longer? Asa a second part of that question, do you want more complexity than the games you mentioned, or similar complexity?

Are there any particular mechanics you are looking for in this game? How about theme? Number of players?

You say you want a "really fun new game". What do you mean by "new"? New to you, or new as in recently released?

The more objective information you give us, the more the recommendation junkies can help you.

I look forward to your response so I can help you get a game you'll enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Vasington
msg tools
I would probabky mostenjoy a gamesimilar in length and playing mechanics to the ones I listed. Maybe even one of a little more complexity.
The theme I would probably most enjoy is one similar to settlers of catan with being able to buy stuff to help expand your empire. And by "new" I mean a new game for me not one that has necessarily just been released. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinchliffe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stone Age

Similar in weight to what you currently have, you're collecting resources and building and it uses "worker placement" which is a mechanic currently missing from your collection.

My experience has been that people who like Settlers, really like Stone Age as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.