Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
Kieron Papps
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BSG PBF Game 270 - Toasters Assemble

This will be a 5-player using Pegasus and Exodus (Conflicted Loyalties and Cylon Fleet Board) going to the Ionian Nebula

I will be using the Open Office spreadsheet and GIMP files from Orphius. Credit is given where credit is due!

First I would like to address that I am new to being a moderator (this is my first game) and therefore I'm sure I will be slower than other moderators and hence I ask you not to join this game if you want a faster paced game. However i will try not to slow the game down too much.

Now onto the rules

Basic rules

1. For the basic rules and tips look at Tips and Tricks for BSG PBF.

2. All players must own copies of the base game and all expansions (this is an FFG requirement). Therefore no text on Crises Cards will be provided only the titles.

3. When you geekmail me please use the format BSG 270: (character name): (turn) : (subject). Example: "BSG 270: Starbuck: : Turn 1.4 : CO for Evasive Maneuvers"

4. Use the image banners so we know who you are! If you're on a mobile device and don't want to look up your bannerID, please put your character name at the top of your post.

5. Don't communicate with other players outside the thread. Any private communication should be between me and particular players. If you have a question that you don’t want to ask publically, ask me, that's what I'm here for!

6. The "posted and bolded happened" rule will be enforced There will be no take-backs, rollbacks, stepbacks... We will however try to simulate the flow of a F2F game, so simultaneous resolving of things can happen.

7. Subscribe to the thread! And if you don't visit often, turn on the option to forward your GeekMail to your email.

8. Do not quote or link to other posts that happened a page or more ago, but use your own words to describe what you think happened.

9. All COs are strictly confidential in geekmail between you and me. Bolding actions when it's not your go is also forbidden (since they're public COs by another name). In the real game, you are never publicly bound to actions as you are with COs, so they should stay private. This is to protect an unrevealed Cylon’s right to lie, and to decrease the certainty of future events (and hence maintain paranoia).

10. I will assume that each player has the following standing COs. Send me a GM when you'd like to act otherwise.
- Pass on Declare Emergency
- Pass on Strategic Planning for shots against raiders and shots against vipers.
- Pass on interrupts for Launch Scout unless there are only 2 or less raptors remaining .
- Pass on Calculations
- Pass on Once Per Game abilities
- Pass on Evasive Maneuvers for unmanned vipers that aren't protecting a civilian ship.
- Pass on Sabotage
- If everybody else has responded to an interrupt and you haven't, and you don't have the cards in question, I will pretend you sent me a pass CO. This will not divulge hand information since I will also pass those who sent me a pass CO at the same time.
- If there are multiple conflicting CO interrupts, and the players have not worked out whose to play, I will play the lowest-valued interrupt. If it's still tied, I will play the interrupt for the player whose turn is coming up sooner.

11. Respect secrecy rules! I personally am not too strict on this rule. But don't be too obviously. [EDIT: I have been made aware that you are able to say which cards you heve in hand if asked. Therefore if you wish to volunteer this information before someone requests it I ask you to be vague in your description. Such as 'I have a interrupt for after the skill check' rather than I have a Declare Emergency.] Some secrecy rules I will enforce harshly:
-- Only 'Low' or 'High' can be said if you put one card into a skill check. 'Medium' only if more that 1 is placed.
-- Talking about scouted cards beyond 'good' or 'bad'
-- Never say the cards you put into a skill check

12. Every accepting player must agree to check in at least twice daily (unless giving notification ahead of time)

13. Remember be fair and have fun.

I am a Human and make mistakes or miss things, so please tell me if you think anything is wrong! It probably is.

The fine print. Read if this is your first BSG PBF game. Skim if it isn’t.
Post typography
* Normal text for discussions, etc
* Italics for flavour text/fluff - love reading it, keeps the game fun and interesting.
* Bold for in-game moves and actions. I won't process any decisions/actions unless bolded in the thread.

Images
Avatars change, images don't. Images can be found here. Please use an image or banner for all of your posts (especially in-character).

Players
- Rules & Regulations for the PBF games apply.
- To make things easier on myself, I will refer to all players by your character name and noun.
- For game speed, CO’s are a great way to keep things moving along.
- I will not wait for you to use your OncePerGame unless you say so, and if you’re going to interrupt in favor of the Cylons then please leave a CO beforehand, since I’m not going to check specifically for this every time there’s an attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieron Papps
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This will be a 5-player using Pegasus and Exodus (Conflicted Loyalties and Cylon Fleet Board) going to the Ionian Nebula

Invites are going out to the following players. Alternates will be IN approx. 48 hours after I send the invites if any of the first 5 players have not responded or declined.

Players
Captain Crumpet IN!
Hannibal Rex IN!
Garth Nailo IN!
Darth Servo IN!
Rainstar IN!

Alternatives
Sonataluna Ready If Needed
Mr T 1977

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In! Thanks for running the game, Kieron!

This will be my first Exodus game, but I've got a few PBFs under my belt.

You might want to remove Gerry from the players, he's only on the waiting list as a benchmark.

My first character choice would be Cally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Jan Kronemeijer
Netherlands
Ridderkerk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll Gladly accept your invite, Thanks Keiron.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reporting for duty!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WhiteWolf
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternate reporting for duty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieron Papps
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhh thanks Hannibal Rex. Didn't know what the bench mark was really for. I'll change that

Good to have you. Especially if you play Miss Trigger Happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Shackelford
United States
Choctaw
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannibal Rex wrote:
In! Thanks for running the game, Kieron!

This will be my first Exodus game, but I've got a few PBFs under my belt.

You might want to remove Gerry from the players, he's only on the waiting list as a benchmark.

My first character choice would be Cally.

Your first Exodus game? Once you use Cylon Fleet there's no turning back laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have very strong reservations against the Cylon Fleet Board, and Exodus in general. Let's see if this game convinces me otherwise...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieron Papps
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannibal Rex wrote:
I have very strong reservations against the Cylon Fleet Board, and Exodus in general. Let's see if this game convinces me otherwise...

I'v heard people say it's broken. I can see some arguments as you can purposely pull over cylon ships to stop the pursuit track from going up (Especially basestars). But I never liked how in the base game it was just random in crises. This way it is on top of the crises.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I said, I've never played it, but the impression I get from the CFB (without even addressing the Basestar Bridge location) is that it turns managing Cylon attacks into a very mechanical exercise.

And unlike the most used pre-CFB actions (Press Room, Launch Scout, draw Quorum cards), everything you need to do to manage the CFB is completely above-board, with no hidden elements, which reduces suspicion and paranoia.

But I'll keep an open mind, I'm eager to learn first-hand if I'm right about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieron Papps
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannibal Rex wrote:
As I said, I've never played it, but the impression I get from the CFB (without even addressing the Basestar Bridge location) is that it turns managing Cylon attacks into a very mechanical exercise.

And unlike the most used pre-CFB actions (Press Room, Launch Scout, draw Quorum cards), everything you need to do to manage the CFB is completely above-board, with no hidden elements, which reduces suspicion and paranoia.

But I'll keep an open mind, I'm eager to learn first-hand if I'm right about this.

Yeah I guess there is some arguments there. But like most elements of games. There are some pro's and some cons to it. I prefer it but I'm sure others don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Cylon Fleet much better captures the feel of the show where the humans are constantly being chased by the cylons. Exodus also makes pilots more useful/fun to play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rain
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me IN!

I have played Exodus & the CFB several times, so I feel quite comfortable with them. I like Exodus very much since it makes easy decisions (e.g., go to Command and activate two vipers) much more difficult due to the presence of allies.

I have a slight preference for non-CFB games, but that is because I miss the excitement and drama Cylon Attack Cards bring. The CFB definitely does make piloting more important, and it does eliminate the urge to jump at any cost (since the ships you are evading will eventually come back).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the expansions, but wanted to post simply to congratulate you on the thread title! Quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieron Papps
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beloch wrote:
Don't have the expansions, but wanted to post simply to congratulate you on the thread title! Quality.

I know it's awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieron Papps
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so we are ready to play! Sorry to Sonataluna and Mr T 1977 for not making the cut.

So the player order already randomised is:

1. Darth Servo
2. Garth Nailo
3. Hannibal Rex
4. Captain Crumpet
5. Rainstar

So please post your characters and starting hands.

Darth Servo first. You may pick any from Military Leader, Political Leader , Pilot or Support

EDIT: Other players might want to consider sending me a GM on their character choice and starting hands

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Shackelford
United States
Choctaw
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's get this party started.

This'll be my 7th BSG PBF. My first two games, military leaders. Next two, support. Then, political leader. Finally, pilot in my last game. This is also the first time I have first choice, so, to keep it symmetrical, I'll go back to political leaders.

I choose Tory Foster.

Party on, Garth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Jan Kronemeijer
Netherlands
Ridderkerk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll Choose "Helo" Agathon

I'll be there soon, just need to find a ride.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Cally Henderson reporting in, standing ready to combat counter-revolution and sabotage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieron Papps
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

So, Who are you? wrote:

Darth Servo - Tory Foster (Full Draw: 3 Politics , 1 Leadership , 1 Tatics )
Garth Nailo - Karl "Helo" Agathon (2 Leadership , 1 Tactics )
Hannibal Rex - Callandra "Cally" Tyrol (1 Politics , 2 Engineering)
Captain Crumpet -
Rainstar -

Running Totals:
4 Politics
3 Leadership
2 Tatics
0 Piloting
2 Engineering

OK! Captain Crumpet you're up. You may pick either Pilot or Support

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maik Weimars
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkening_Light wrote:

Invites are going out to the following players. Alternates will be IN approx. 48 hours after I send the invites if any of the first 5 players have not responded or declined.

Players
Captain Crumpet IN!
Hannibal Rex IN!
Garth Nailo IN!
Darth Servo IN!
Rainstar IN!

Alternatives
Sonataluna Ready If Needed
Mr T 1977

Mr T 1977
I wish to anyone of you. Would have joined if I could. Have a great journey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hurd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hannibal Rex wrote:

Cally Henderson reporting in, standing ready to combat counter-revolution and sabotage.

Third-pick Cally forces either Admiral Helo or President Tory. Well done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play as Starbuck.

Frakkin' cylons interupting my poker game?! Time to kick some toaster ass!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [31] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.