Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
825 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [33] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: "Hi, I want to play werewolf online." #12 - Perfect 11 - Basic Werewolf for the Rookie and the Veteran rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
A not-so-standard P11, low-complexity game of Werewolf!

Good Roles:

Seer - Each night receives a vision of a target player and learns the players nature (Wolf/Not Wolf). The seer receives a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is not a wolf. Thereafter, the seer chooses which player to view.

Hunter - If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf. He is brutal when lynched or killed. The brutal kill is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat then it will be selected at random.

Martyr- Each night, may choose one player, and if that player is targeted for night kill, the martyr will die in his place. The martyr may choose the same person consecutively without restriction.

5 Villagers - Ordinary villagers with no special powers.

Evil Roles:

2 Werewolves - The werewolves know each other's identity, and may private message/chat without restriction. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on Night 0. One of the wolves is brutal and must kill another player if lynched. The brutal is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat the brutal will be selected randomly.

Notice - both wolves will be given a Retaliate order. Only the first one that is used is the one that will be implemented. Yes, this means it doesn't matter which werewolf is killed first.

Sorcerer - The sorcerer knows the identity of the werewolves and wins with them, even if dead. Each night, he may view a player to see if they are the seer or not. He gets a random negative N0 view.

Victory Conditions:

Good - All good players win if all werewolves are eliminated, or if the last two players remaining are the hunter and one werewolf.

Evil - All evil players win if the wolves achieve parity: if at any time the number of wolves remaining equals the number of non-wolves remaining, evil wins. However, if one wolf is left with the hunter, then good wins.

Draw - If everyone dies, then I win and all players end in a draw.

Brutal Rules:

The Brutal Kill is simultaneous to all other actions, i.e.: The Brutal Werewolf is lynched and targets the Brutal Hunter. If the Brutal Hunter's order is still on the Brutal Werewolf, there is no other death.
If the Brutal's target died BEFORE the Brutal Character, then the kill will be chosen at random. In the endgame scenario where there is: 1 Hunter, 1 Wolf, and 1 other non-wolf (Villager, Good special, Sorcerer), and the Hunter is lynched and targets the wolf, the wolf will be killed, and good wins. Parity will be checked after all processing is complete.

Lynch Rules:

Each day players vote for one player to be lynched. The player receiving the most votes is killed. If there is a tie between two or more players, the tied player with the longest held last vote is killed.

Lynch time is 4:00 PM BGG Time. Votes cast with the lynch time time-stamp are counted. Votes cast after this time are invalid. Votes made during the night phase are invalid.

All votes must conform to the Cassandra Vote Tally System rules. (Will be posted once the game starts). If all living players vote night fall it will speed up the dusk. If there is a tie in the lynch votes, it will be broken by longest held last vote.

Roles will be revealed on death (Full Role Reveal).

Night Orders:

Wolves, Seer, Martyr, and Sorcerer must all submit their night orders by Dawn. Dawn will be at 5:00 PM BGG time. Players can do this by using the Cassandra Game Order system in the Cassandra Chat System.

If all living players (including those with out night actions) click on the 'Lock Game Actions' button it will speed up Dawn.

Replacement / Posting Rules:

This is not a "Post For Your Life" game. However, anyone who does not communicate at least once during a Dawn - Dusk cycle will be put up for replacement. Valid communication includes:
Posting in the thread,
Talking in your Modchat in Cassandra, or
Geekmailing the moderator.
Exceptions will obviously be made for anyone that announces ahead of time that they will be away from the internet.
Players will be allowed to replace themselves (clicking on the replace icon indicates that you are near the internet - right?).

Personal attacks or offensive language will merit a warning. Second offense will merit a modkill. Granted, this is subjective, so I will always get a second opinion before acting. Regardless, I'm tired of the hostility and the occasional attitude.
Police yourselves, please.

Important Information:
Tiebreaker: longest held last vote
Lynch time: 4:00 PM BGG Time
Night Action Deadline: 5:00 PM BGG Time

Weekend Policy: This game will not run over the weekend.

This game will start when full.

Please let me know if you have any questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
Flash Gordon
i7dealer
Jythier
KaiserPhilhelm
Khellendros
Lore
nswoll
oriecat
precis_neumann
RighteousFist
RPGFanboy

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/8019...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Door
msg tools
Hi, never played the game before but always wanted to try it. Signed up, looking forward to playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to shine like a star, while saving the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmbmbmb
Linguist, there are enough P11's in progress you really should put off running this until the others run.

It's really not fair to this one:
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/7660...
or this one:
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/7926...
Which have both been in sign-up for a long time now.

I feel like you should promote those. One is an auto-mod that needs to run so we can test the auto-mod template and have auto-modded P11s so that you won't have to run them anymore. The other is a P11 but with flavor, otherwise exactly the same.

I am not signing up out of pure desire to see those other two run first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
violintides wrote:
Linguist, there are enough P11's in progress you really should put off running this until the others run.

It's really not fair to this one:
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/7660...
or this one:
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/7926...
Which have both been in sign-up for a long time now.

I feel like you should promote those. One is an auto-mod that needs to run so we can test the auto-mod template and have auto-modded P11s so that you won't have to run them anymore. The other is a P11 but with flavor, otherwise exactly the same.

I am not signing up out of pure desire to see those other two run first.

You mean the auto-mod game or the full Salem Witch Trial game?

First, I never promote my own P11 game ahead of others (except at the end of my previous game). If people would like to play an auto-mod'd game, then feel free. Ditto for Tyraziel's game.

Second, if you are a new player, you need a moderator. You don't need an auto-mod. What happens if you have a question? You can't just ask how retaliate works in the thread without having everyone suspect you of being the hunter or a wolf. There's more than one reason why there should always be a moderated entry level game.

And third, as I am now posting at the end of every Hello game OP, I do not put these games into signup unless there is only one or two P11s on Cassandra (not counting the auto-mod). I get that flooding the market is bad. So I wait. /shrug

Edit in:
Oh, and by the way ...
violintides wrote:
One is an auto-mod that needs to run so we can test the auto-mod template and have auto-modded P11s so that you won't have to run them anymore.

I want to run P11s. I enjoy the opportunity and it's some of the best fun I have every week. I'm not doing it because someone is forcing me to fill a gap in the WW forums or because I feel like I have to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Sun
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra - a purely selfless sacrificial act to fill up the empty slots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Pieterzoon
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra. Lynch times may be a little tricky but I'm sure I'll manage (and I wanted to play a P11)!

To those who I do not know - nice to meet you. To those who I do know - nice to see you again! nswoll, I recommend that you and I join up as wolves again and reminisce about the good old games. Back in the day, you know the ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flash Gordon wrote:
I just signed up on Cassandra. Lynch times may be a little tricky but I'm sure I'll manage (and I wanted to play a P11)!

To those who I do not know - nice to meet you. To those who I do know - nice to see you again! nswoll, I recommend that you and I join up as wolves again and reminisce about the good old games. Back in the day, you know the ones.

Definitely!

Good times!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also good to see you again flash!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Carpenter
United States
Lakewood
California
flag msg tools
Click the Red Microbadge below to see my games for trade (or sell).
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I want to play werewolf online!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Lore wrote:
Hi, I want to play werewolf online!

LOL. Dork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Heberer
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got kicked around by team evil in another P11. Why not try again. This time, I won't demand we all kill people on little evidence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
By Meow Command!
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra. This might not be a great lynch time for me, but I thought I would try it out and see how much play I can get in on my lunch break.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally System

Your Moderator has enabled the Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally system
for this game. In order for it to function correctly, your votes will
need to be formatted correctly. The following rules will explain what
you will need to do:

Players
1. All votes must be bolded

2. The entire vote statement must be bolded and enclosed in brackets:
[vote jmilum]

3. If your game allows, and you [vote nightfall] your vote will
be locked. Your moderator may have disabled nightfall votes.

4. Vote tallies will be automatically posted to the game thread
regularly if the tally has changed. The Tally and Vote Logs (for each
game day) are also available on the Cassandra game page.

5. If your vote is not counted be sure to check the Vote Log page and
see if it was marked invalid and why.

6. Case does not matter and simple typos will not cause the vote to fail.

7. You may [vote no lynch] if your game allows it.

8. Non voting players will be listed in the tallies. This will only be
correct if the Moderator notes which players have been killed (see below)

9. Editing a vote post will invalidate the vote and it will not be counted.

Moderators
1. The moderator will need to post [Dawn] when the day begins
(after the night results are posted) and [Dusk] when the lynch
deadline has passed and the day is over. Votes will not be counted
after [Dusk] has been posted. They will be registered again
after [Dawn] is next posted.

2. You may include a day number in the dawn and dusk post for
informational purposes, but it will not be used by the system.
Cassandra will increment an internal counter each time it sees
[Dawn] no matter what day is shown in a dawn post (i.e.
[Dawn 3] the three is allowed but ignored)

3. After dusk has been posted, the Moderator may go to the game page
on Cassandra to request a Final Tally to be posted before the normal
scan period has elapsed (i.e. Game Y gets scanned at 45 min. after the
hour, if it lynches at 7pm the moderator may request a tally to be
posted from the game page before 7:45pm. it will also be posted
regardless of whether or not it has been changed since the last
posting) - Do this by clicking on the 'Force Vote Tally' link.

4. You will need to note which players were killed via the lynch or at night by
either posting [killed jmilum] in the thread, or by going to the game
page and editing the player list. When posting in the thread, be sure to post
[dusk] before posting the lynch kill, and post [dawn] before
posting the night kill.
Example:
A. lynch time has passed so post [dusk]
B. goto the game page and select a final tally to be posted
C. check the final tally and post [killed melsana]
D. after the night deadline has passed post [dawn]
E. post the night kill with [killed kima]

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow Nightfall votes.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow No Lynch votes.

Vote Log Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/8019...
Vote Tally Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/8019...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
A new [dawn] arrives.

Your friendly village wakes up and finds that one of the village elders has been killed by a lolcat. Oh noes! What does one do?

Okay, all kidding aside. There are werewolves in the town - who are they!? Time to find them before they find you!

Game on! Good luck to all!

All roles and orders have been handed out. Please geekmail or modchat me any questions. If you have questions for me in the thread, please put them in red font to ensure I notice. Thanks!

FYI: The moderator does not have access to cassandra during the workday. Please geekmail if you have something that can't wait. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Sun
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woohoo! This filled up quick! laugh

[vote Lore] for being Mr. Evil Puppetmaster last game. angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Carpenter
United States
Lakewood
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPGFanboy I would like to welcome you to your very first online werewolf game.

[vote RPGFanboy]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Carpenter
United States
Lakewood
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
precis_neumann wrote:
Woohoo! This filled up quick! laugh

[vote Lore] for being Mr. Evil Puppetmaster last game. angry

That was so last week

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Player (11/11) - # - Voted by

Lore - 1 - precis_neumann(1)
RPGFanboy - 1 - Lore(2)

Not Voting: Flash Gordon, i7dealer, Jythier, KaiserPhilhelm, Khellendros, nswoll, oriecat, RighteousFist, RPGFanboy

Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Lynch time is at 4:00 PM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 5:00 PM BGG
---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

Lore - 1 - RPGFanboy(2)
precis_neumann - 1 - Lore(1)

Not Voting: Flash Gordon, i7dealer, Jythier, KaiserPhilhelm, Khellendros, nswoll, oriecat, RighteousFist, RPGFanboy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Pieterzoon
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[vote RPGfanboy]

Welcome to werewolf! I don't know about these guys, but if you ask me, I enjoy a good old traditional "lynch the new guy on D1". Maybe that's just me being sick and twisted though. In any case, nice to meet you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
So much hate, you'd think there were some sort of evil creature infiltrating our town here.

Oh wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Sun
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flash Gordon wrote:
[vote RPGfanboy]

Welcome to werewolf! I don't know about these guys, but if you ask me, I enjoy a good old traditional "lynch the new guy on D1". Maybe that's just me being sick and twisted though. In any case, nice to meet you!

Git.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Pieterzoon
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
precis_neumann wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
[vote RPGfanboy]

Git.

Love you more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [33] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.