Subject: Wound cube limit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Cathcart
United States
West Conshohocken
US
flag msg tools
Are players limited to only dealing 12 wounds to the dragon or should we just use another marker at that point? We had a player score 14 wounds in a game tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://greydolphingames.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know. But for god's sake, someone else had better escape or victory is pretty much assured.

I would assume that it's not limited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Players are not limited by their cubes, although it is unlikely that players will do more than 12 wounds - at least strategically it would not be wise for the other players to allow a player to gain that many attacks (and wounds) on the Dragon. If a player runs out of cubes, they should use a color that is not in the game.

Thanks for playing - Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cathcart
United States
West Conshohocken
US
flag msg tools
Thanks, Richard. The game actually ended with another player escaping the dungeon with 24/25 wounds on the dragon. But neither the wound leader nor the escapist won, I did with a big pile of gold and unused treasures. This game is awesome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The game actually ended with another player escaping the dungeon with 24/25 wounds on the dragon. But neither the wound leader nor the escapist won, I did with a big pile of gold and unused treasures. This game is awesome

That is interesting, but not surprising. Often the key to wining the game is a balanced strategy early on - make sure you are gaining a few hits on the dragon, moving a little down the path (to get the free stuff if for no other reason), collect gold and hero cards, and as the game moves toward the end set your sights on a final bonus strategy and go for it while blocking your key opponents. One thing I have noticed in first time players, is that they often think they either try and and slay the dragon or run, and focus on nothing else. Most often those strategies lose, and more importantly are not near as fun to play. I often play with the same group of about 15 players (all very devious) and I can honestly say, the more we play the more fun it is to try and figure out who is using what strategy early on, and watch the strategies (and alliances) shift in the game. There is actually more going on in a game than most first time players recognize, but hopefully they will play it enough to release the full fun of the game.

Thanks for playing. Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robi N
msg tools
I've actually wondered about this as well... since i got in 12 hits as well in a game because everyone else went for treasure. Then just laughing at me for not being able to kill the dragon solo. ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.