Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Smith
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Has anyone seen a 2 panel folding game board that's been cut and taped to make it a 4 or 6 panel board? I'm gathering components for Merchant of Venus build and I'm keeping my eyes out for a 6 or 4 panel, but in case I don't find one, Id like to see if anyone has tried a conversion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Woodburn
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not yet but I just purchased a slew of game boards (Monopoly, Scrabble and Clue) that I will be re-purposing for a variety of PnPs and my own DiY boards of other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
I normally buy copies of Trivial Pursuit form thrift stores for a dollars and re-purpose the boards for my own prototypes. I usually print new board layouts to match the size exactly and stick them on using spray adhesive. I then use a razor to slice through the fold lines and voila! A solid, useful new board for a few bucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan W
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robbdaman wrote:
Not yet but I just purchased a slew of game boards (Monopoly, Scrabble and Clue) that I will be re-purposing for a variety of PnPs and my own DiY boards of other games.

anomander64 wrote:
I normally buy copies of Trivial Pursuit form thrift stores for a dollars and re-purpose the boards for my own prototypes. I usually print new board layouts to match the size exactly and stick them on using spray adhesive. I then use a razor to slice through the fold lines and voila! A solid, useful new board for a few bucks.

This is definitely the way that I was headed. What are your methods of printing your new board graphics? What materials? Where do you get it printed? Do you print it yourselves? Etc...

Whatever tips that you think might be useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.