Subject: Black box exchange thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I have had some success and their seems to be both an interest to offload and aquire I thought I would make this thread for people looking to trade/sell/exchange their KS Black box editions. I am not modding this or even losting in it ever again. I have made arrangements for mine. This allows those wanting to swap to swap and I would ask that people just wishing to comment and flame in either direction take their discussion elsewhere.

For those using this thread be aware this is not approved/sanctioned/axknowledged by qcf. You will be making ylur own arrangements about chanfe of address and such. My intent here is to help people acheve a level of satisfaction and diffuse some of the bitterness and ill will. I cant see this as being a bad thing for any side, the manufacturer included. I hope that if someone from the company reads this they will comment approvingly or geekmail me asking for its removal, which I will do if asked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditching the Black Box edition, sight unseen? This really is silly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:

Have you seen some of the complaint threads? Silliness abounds. Calling for Ed Carter to sell the company because the cards are white and not beige? Arguing over whether KS Backers are investors, creditors, or customers? The whole outrage over every little thing that comes out about the game is making me run out of popcorn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aug_aug
United States
Mountlake Terrace
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"and diffuse some of the bitterness and ill will"

Wow, no one's even got the game yet, am I right?

And we're talking about 35 bucks on a relatively new/young/unproven "project backing social experiment" like Kickstarter; where anyone with a brain can see that there's some risk to your "investment" in anything you back on the site (that's kind of the point)?

You guys need some serious therapy, or an additional hobby, maybe some exercise, "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their game publishers, they just don't."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think GtR needs its own special 'silly threads' forum. The incoming rate this week is striking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb

Now, I've noticed a tendency for this forum to get rather silly. Now I do my best to keep things moving along, but I'm not having things getting silly. Those two last threads got very silly indeed, and that last one about the CEO was even sillier. Now, nobody likes a good laugh more than I do... except perhaps my wife and some of her friends... oh yes, and Captain Johnston. Come to think of it, most people likes a good laugh more than I do. But that's beside the point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll trade my Black Box for your flying pig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
We already have a trade and a marketplace system on BGG, as well as supporting forums for both. This thread should not exist here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must alologize for going back on what I said before. At the time I honestly did not forsee these events. As stated before this thread was created for those wishing to rid themselves of, or aquire a copy of, the black box kickstarter to converse. There are at least two threads 'too many whiners' and 'an open letter to Ed Carter' for the purpose of deriding those who do not share your opinions on the matter. As such poststo that effect, previously asked to be avoided, are both rude and 'trolling' towards those wishing to make legitimate use of the thread.

This thread is intended to let those who want the ks blackbox have a chance st it and to let those who do not wish to be a part of it anymore(the group most likely to cause the producer more grief if forced into retaining their stake in the project) to remove themselves from it. I ask that they be allowed to do so in peace, and while i fear the following statement may cause further ill-intended comments I would request that those who posted the extraneous commentary above remove their posts so that the thread can be left soley to its intended purpose. They may take solace in the fact that if this thread is unused it will fall into obscurity and they may relish an effortless 'victory' in the war of ideas currently being pursued.

Thank you for being polite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
We already have a trade and a marketplace system on BGG, as well as supporting forums for both. This thread should not exist here.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:

Last I checked, it didn't accept airborne porcines. Is there someone I can complain to? devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gilberg
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:

Shush. Don't discourage them.

I want one of them to offload a copy to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Johnston
United States
North Liberty
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I KSed two copies, and would like to offload them both (preferably to the same person). Please GM me if interested.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ousgg wrote:
NateStraight wrote:

Last I checked, it didn't accept airborne porcines. Is there someone I can complain to? devil

I'd suggest Aldie resigns over this oversight shake

(although I have enjoyed following the beige rage threads)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.