Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Hodge
United States
Hanover
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the Big Box edition a couple months ago but I was reminded of a weird issue by a similar issue I had yesterday with my new copy of Small World.

The slots for holding cards in the Big Box edition of Dominion don't seem to all be sized properly. All the Kingdom cards are fine from what I remember but some of the treasure and victory card slots are either too big or too small forcing me to mix and match some of the slots which as someone who likes my games to be very neat and very organized still bugs me every time I pull the top off the box.

I'm wondering if any other Big Box owners had the same problem and am curious how they organized theirs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn D
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my big box about 3 months ago, and had that problem at first, until I noticed that I had the card slot designator strips in wrong. Yes, there are 2-3 slots that are too big, but not bad. However, none are too small...they all fit without any issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff marner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, this is probably your issue. Everything should fit fine even with sleeves with the exception of the treasure and maybe the estates(?). The treasure can just be shifted from the higher denomination to the next denomination lower with the copper floating in the channel between the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan H
United States
Howards Grove
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soccastar001 wrote:
I'm wondering if any other Big Box owners had the same problem and am curious how they organized theirs?

Did you do a full inventory of the cards? I just ordered Big Box a short while back and not only did I receive a bunch of extra gold coins, and embargo tokens instead of victory tokens, but I received double the amount of randomizer, victory, and trash cards, plus 16 extra silver treasure cards and 3 extra blanks.

When following the inventory as listed in the instructions, everything fits according to the slot guides that were included (the extra silver treasure cards still fit with the prescribed 40), and I just had to use the big storage areas in which the wrapped cards were originally shipped to store the extra cards for now.

As soon as I weed through all the wonderful customized storage solutions and make up my mind (wish me luck), I will say goodbye to that box anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.