richard
United States
Fort Smith
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good Morning,

I have a question.

Say you have a hero / ally / attachment that says "Discard a card from your hand to increase said person's will power for this phase only", say quest.

My question is.. can you discard multiply cards from your hand to increase the will power of that ally / hero by that many cards?

Discard 3 increase will power by 3.

I thought you could since it doesnt say to "exaust / tap" this card to do the effect so you could do this even when the ally / hero is already tapped?

Can you use a hero / ally card's ability when its tapped? Even though it doesn't say to tap to use it?

Hopefully that made sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're talking about the Protector of Lorien thing from the other thread.

Yes, you can use Protector of Lorien multiple times.

People were confusing it with Eowyn I think, who says "This effect may be triggered by each player once per round". But Protector of Lorien has no such clause, thus you can use it's action as many times as you want.

And yes, you can use abilities when a card is exhausted as long as the ability doesn't require that you exhaust that card to use it. I do this a lot with Glorfindel or Dunedain Watcher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard
United States
Fort Smith
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you and sorry about the duplicate thread. I just now seen that other thread.

Its a very interesting game. I have a small collection of board and card games and this one ranks in my top 3. Right behind Arkham and Nuclear War

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Coon
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
Mattr0polis wrote:
I do this a lot with Glorfindel or Dunedain Watcher.

Am I miss-playing (or understanding)? Glorfindel says "limit once per round", and Watcher says "discard from play to", so how are you using them more than once at a time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bullroarer Took wrote:
Mattr0polis wrote:

Am I miss-playing (or understanding)? Glorfindel says "limit once per round", and Watcher says "discard from play to", so how are you using them more than once at a time?

I'm not. I was using those as examples for his other question: "can you use abilities while exhausted?"

I've edited the post for slightly better clarification in this regard though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Coon
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
Mattr0polis wrote:
Bullroarer Took wrote:
Mattr0polis wrote:

I'm not. I was using those as examples for his other question: "can you use abilities while exhausted?"

I've edited the post for slightly better clarification in this regard though.

Ah! Got it. Yes, Quest with Watcher and throw her to the wolves if needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.