Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Smithy

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking that everyone knows how to trigger an ending, but how would dominion play if that ending was not so sure?

Rules:During Setup, include the cards with the different backs. Take out N normal-backed cards, N being the number of players. Shuffle each deck thoroughly, then put the N cards face-up on the top of the deck.
When you buy a card, if it has a different back on it, trash itdraw a new one and place the placeholder on top of the pile it came from, back side up. That pile is now considered empty.
The game is over when 5 4 piles are considered empty or when 2 stacks of victory point cards are empty.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This might change end game strategy a bit in a way that might be interesting. Trashing the card seems a bit harsh though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul King
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe, if it only applied to Kingdom cards (and maybe Curses) and if the money for the card was not considered spent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smithy

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul King wrote:
Maybe, if it only applied to Kingdom cards (and maybe Curses) and if the money for the card was not considered spent.

I was thinking this applied to all cards, including curses. I figured trashing the card would make it so you can't see which card is which. I'm open to the money not being spent, however keep in mind this is designed to be risky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I don't like the massive random element of the purchaser not getting the purchased card. Make it so that if there is at least one more normal card in the pile the buyer gets one but then the pile is closed.

I don't think it should start that early, either (you realize the way you've worded it, the game could theoretically be over before player 3 gets his first turn). I'd have the random stopper guaranteed buried at least N cards deep in the deck (where N is the number of players). So N cards of each pile would be set aside, the rest shuffled with the stopper, and then the set aside cards placed on top. In a 4 player game, guaranteed each pile is at least 4 cards deep. Whether the stopper is card 5 or card 11 or somewhere in between is unknown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smithy

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thatmarkguy wrote:
I don't like the massive random element of the purchaser not getting the purchased card. Make it so that if there is at least one more normal card in the pile the buyer gets one but then the pile is closed.

I don't think it should start that early, either (you realize the way you've worded it, the game could theoretically be over before player 3 gets his first turn). I'd have the random stopper guaranteed buried at least N cards deep in the deck (where N is the number of players). So N cards of each pile would be set aside, the rest shuffled with the stopper, and then the set aside cards placed on top. In a 4 player game, guaranteed each pile is at least 4 cards deep. Whether the stopper is card 5 or card 11 or somewhere in between is unknown.

Ok, I'll change those things. To compensate for the deeper cards, it only takes four piles to end it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.