Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Commins
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently been talking with a number of local print & copy shops in my city about having the cards from all of these fan-made expansions professionally printed. My goal is to end up with a product as close as possible to the officially produced Dominion cards by RGG.

One printer has been particularly helpful in coming up with solutions with me. So far we have determined the official cards are printed on 12 or 14pt. card stock and it appears that a matte finish looks closest. He can cut the cards to match the dimensions of official Dominion cards, but to save costs I indicated I could bevel the corners of the cards myself. The colors will match very closely although the printed cards won't look exactly like the official ones when compared side by side because the RGG cards are done with offset printing (only cost effective for >50,000 copies) so one will appear slightly glossier than the other. Otherwise, I was very impressed with the sample he gave me. All the cards printed will be double-sided with the normal Dominion card backs. 10 in each stack will have the normal brown back (12 in the case of the green victory cards) and 1 will have the typical blue placeholder backing.

The trouble is I have no economies of scale at the moment. To print 6 complete copies of each of Fairytale, Salvation, The Books of Magic and Royal Court (one for each of my friends) will currently cost us $400 each. The price gets more and more affordable the more copies we have printed and the printer says he can offer me a bigger discount on the paper etc. once we reach 10+ copies as well. He's been really great in trying to work with me on this project.

So my question is, would any of you other Board Game Geek Dominion fans like to have a professionally printed copy of these 4 fan-made expansions? If I can get enough interest online to have more copies printed, it will be more cost effective for everyone. Ideally, it would be nice to get the cost below $160/person. That way we're only paying $40/expansion, similar to what the actual games cost. I look forward to hearing from you guys.

You can also e-mail me directly at comware@telus.net if interested. Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you ever get any traction with this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Commins
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sort of. I ended up just doing this personally with a local printing company I found that was willing to do it for a reasonable amount of money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Veggie Girl

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance your local printer would be willing to print another set of the fan expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.