Popular Tags: [View All]
David Oldster
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...what a superb game! It was a tense struggle until the end, when by virtue of being ignored, I came out ahead to win!

Other people were comparing it to games they've played before, El Grande was mentioned and a couple of others. I haven't played a game anywhere close to this game's mechanics yet. Everything just seems so tight and well-balanced, I could tell there was a lot of play-testing before this got published.

Definitely going to fund the Kickstarter now. What a superb game! (Had to say it twice!) cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad this one is going to get more love!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Thomas
United States
North Kansas City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree - this is a superb game! A very different take on area control that has an excellent and well-integrated theme, and all the mechanics just work together well.

I played on Slothninja's site and couldn't believe that 1) the original run was only 500 copies, and 2) they had trouble selling that out. Hopefully the Kickstarter reprint will be maxed out so the game will come all tricked out - a game this good with a theme this good deserves to have all the pieces and art work go the extra mile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stlkt wrote:

I played on Slothninja's site and couldn't believe that 1) the original run was only 500 copies, and 2) they had trouble selling that out. Hopefully the Kickstarter reprint will be maxed out so the game will come all tricked out - a game this good with a theme this good deserves to have all the pieces and art work go the extra mile.

The second run that you're talking about was either 300 or 500 copies, and has wonderful art already, which is why it is going to be reused. I'm not sold on more complex pieces, to be honest. The original white-box edition is more of a historical artifact.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.