Popular Tags: [View All]
David Oldster
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I staved off fatigue in a meeting once by thinking about strategies for my favourite games. There I would be, almost nodding off, when suddenly I would think "7 Wonders, you get points from military, blue cards, and science. You really can only affect those to each side of you, so..."

Or "Ghost Stories. Certainly a luck element. I think maybe if we play to try and make sure no board ever gets completely full, that would help our chances..."

I could go on. But it was a great career-saving move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinchliffe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leonithic wrote:
Personally, I staved off fatigue in a meeting once by thinking about strategies for my favourite games. There I would be, almost nodding off, when suddenly I would think "7 Wonders, you get points from military, blue cards, and science. You really can only affect those to each side of you, so..."

Or "Ghost Stories. Certainly a luck element. I think maybe if we play to try and make sure no board ever gets completely full, that would help our chances..."

I could go on. But it was a great career-saving move.

I usually just try to picture whomever is speaking naked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Daydreaming would be a more appropriate title. Use of games in the corporate environment sounded more like you would have questions on how to use games are work, either for training, team building exercises etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Wiltzius
United States
Chehalis
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I tend to scribble out maps or little notes about board gaming to keep my brain fresh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Phillips
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leonithic wrote:
a great career-saving move.

I recognized that I would be miserable in the corporate world and became a teacher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.