Popular Tags: [View All]
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have any games you don't play anymore? Are there games you've played and would love to own?

Snakes & Lattes will be hosting a math trade to help with your spring cleaning goals and give you some fresh games to enjoy!

Key dates (all times are EASTERN TIME):

Submissions Open: Immediately!
Submissions Close: Monday May 28th at 8pm
Want Lists Due: Thursday May 31st at 8pm
Results will be Posted ASAP afterwards.

Trade Location:

Where: Snakes & Lattes, 600 Bloor St. W., Toronto, ON
When: Sunday June 3rd, 2012.
Time: 12:00pm

Trade Geeklist located here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Official Results are in (no changes)! 132 Games traded for 32.8%

Actual trade is Sun. June 3 at 12pm at Snakes & Lattes. I will be there as early as 11am to accept your games, and the earlier you come, the more I'll like you. You may also drop off your games anytime the cafe is open in the next few days, and pick them up after the trade if that works better. :-)

There will be no cover charge if you are only coming for the duration of the trade.

I'll be staying afterwards to play some games and would love to have some opponents!

Official Results

Official Wants
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Goddard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last one went great. Thanks for organizing again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty ballsy given that TABScon is coming up on June 16th, and there's usually a trade running 2-3 weeks beforehand! It'll probably serve as the "leftovers" trade for the S&L untraded games!

Thanks to the Le Havre reprint and my birthday this month, I've already gotten my "must haves" from my wish list, but I can't fight the trading bug!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tatoolo wrote:
Pretty ballsy given that TABScon is coming up on June 16th, and there's usually a trade running 2-3 weeks beforehand! It'll probably serve as the "leftovers" trade for the S&L untraded games!

This trade isn't meant to be competition, but an alternate, for the trade at TabsCon since there has been a lack of leadership for the Toronto No-ship trades over the last year. There is clearly demand for trades in the city but no one has committed to run them going forward.

I really enjoy running the trade and the cafe is happy to provide the space free of charge for this event, and this way everyone can enjoy more gaming time while attending TabsCon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for running Sara, I won't be here for TABScon so this is nice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running this, Sara! The last S&L one was quite successful (at least, for me! ). Hope this one works out well, too!

Unfortunately, this specific date isn't going to suit me. Between that, and the fact that I don't really need new games right now, I'll probably pass on this round.

On the other hand, if someone volunteers to get my games to & from (I live at Allen & Eglinton, and work at Yonge & Eglinton, so meeting around either of those areas would work), I could list my stuff, and see if anything "clicks". Otherwise, I'll just wait for the next one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is excelllent, I recently concluded a Canada Wide Math Trade, in which I traded for 3 games, but I still have some stuff I'd like to exchange.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Hanley
Canada
La Ronge
flag msg tools
Thanks for organizing this. I read all the info, but I can't figure out how to create a wantlist (I did all the OLWLG stuff). Must I wait until all the submissions are in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Goddard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jawbone wrote:
Thanks for organizing this. I read all the info, but I can't figure out how to create a wantlist (I did all the OLWLG stuff). Must I wait until all the submissions are in?

Its manually added to the OLWLG page so once its added (probably tomorrow) you will be able to start marking things off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Hanley
Canada
La Ronge
flag msg tools
Ah. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh boy. The trade bug is indeed strong. Let's see if I can resist putting any GCs into this trade (don't need to increase the number of games I have!).

Thanks Sara for organizing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc D
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Perhaps this is a silly question, but I'll ask it anyway. I have posted one item for trade: Lord of the Rings the card game. There are a number of items on the list that I'd be willing to trade it for. Can I repeatedly use my one item as the item I will trade for each of these games, or can I only say that I will trade my game in one instance. I suspect I can offer it for trade multiple times but (hopefully) have only one be accepted. Second, if this is true, can I prioritize my wants? I'd like to get Neuroshima Hex, but I REALLY want Race for the Galaxy... can I add this info somehow?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
splanchnic wrote:
Hi,

Perhaps this is a silly question, but I'll ask it anyway. I have posted one item for trade: Lord of the Rings the card game. There are a number of items on the list that I'd be willing to trade it for. Can I repeatedly use my one item as the item I will trade for each of these games, or can I only say that I will trade my game in one instance. I suspect I can offer it for trade multiple times but (hopefully) have only one be accepted. Second, if this is true, can I prioritize my wants? I'd like to get Neuroshima Hex, but I REALLY want Race for the Galaxy... can I add this info somehow?

Thanks!

For each of your games listed, you can say you'll trade for game A, B, C, or D. Once the trade resolves, of course you'll only wind up trading it for one (or none) of those games.

The trade software maximizes the number of trades made, so there is no way to prioritize games. As a general rule of thumb, assume that your game will trade for the game on your wantlist that you want the LEAST; if that trade still happens, will you still be happy? If not, then it's time to re-evaluate your wantlist!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
I have three listings for this math trade. If I want a particular game (say Race for the Galaxy), can I somehow indicate that I'm willing to trade any of my listings for it? Or can I only offer one of my games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CanadianWoodcock wrote:
I have three listings for this math trade. If I want a particular game (say Race for the Galaxy), can I somehow indicate that I'm willing to trade any of my listings for it? Or can I only offer one of my games?

You can put the same game on the want lists for all of your items. You will only trade one item for it (or you may not trade for it at all).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc D
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tatoolo wrote:
[q="splanchnic"]As a general rule of thumb, assume that your game will trade for the game on your wantlist that you want the LEAST; if that trade still happens, will you still be happy? If not, then it's time to re-evaluate your wantlist!

Sensible advice - thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Decosse
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
On the other hand, if someone volunteers to get my games to & from (I live at Allen & Eglinton, and work at Yonge & Eglinton, so meeting around either of those areas would work), I could list my stuff, and see if anything "clicks". Otherwise, I'll just wait for the next one.

My girlfriend lives not far from Yonge & Eg. If you're interested, I could serve as your delivery boy, as long as there aren't TOO many games to transport on the subway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
operamang wrote:
My girlfriend lives not far from Yonge & Eg. If you're interested, I could serve as your delivery boy, as long as there aren't TOO many games to transport on the subway.

Thanks, I'll take you up on that!

I only have a few games to list, several of which are small, and I'm going to be picky in my want lists, likely prioritizing gift certificates, so the burden should be light.

Now to sort out how I want to list my stuff...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As there isn't a request list for this trade, I'll list the games I'm most interested in here:

- Gift Certificates!
- Innovation: Echoes of the Past
- Fresco
- Animal upon Animal (looking to get some good games for my daughter)
- Pantheon
- Dominion: Prosperity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dugas
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another wishlist (in case anyone is on the fence about putting any of these games in the trade)

Ticket to Ride
King of Tokyo
1812: The Invasion of Canada
Niagara
A Fistful of Penguins
Taiga
Piece o' Cake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dugas
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since starting my Want List, a fair number of items have been added to the trade, some of which I would add to my Want List. But nothing that's been added is showing up, even if I click on step 3, which is supposed to show you everything that's been added. For me, the list I can choose from for my Want List ends at item 202. Any suggestions/help? Am I missing a way of updating this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SilentCat wrote:
Since starting my Want List, a fair number of items have been added to the trade, some of which I would add to my Want List. But nothing that's been added is showing up, even if I click on step 3, which is supposed to show you everything that's been added. For me, the list I can choose from for my Want List ends at item 202. Any suggestions/help? Am I missing a way of updating this?

The OLWLG has be be manually updated, so give it a few days. It'll certainly be updated shortly after the submission period ends and before want lists are due.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The OLWLG list has to be manually updated by Sara. (Basically, she has to periodically log into the OLWLG and hit a button to import the new listings.)

I'm sure she'll do it again soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dugas
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Tatoolo and Iklinck. (I never quite trust I'm doing something computer-related correctly, so I thought I must be doing something wrong.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.