Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first question is, can you 'save' an Event card for later use? For example, the one Event card says you can spend 2 SO to reduce your Stress level by 1. So, if you just moved onto the map, you have no "stress level" at this time. So would the card be 'wasted' or 'saved'?

Second question is about the "Evasion value". I read that the Evasion is used for certain event cards, and also for Silent Running, and Crash Dive and Snorkel. However, in the "Example" the U-Boat 122 used "DEEP DIVE" (Without purchasing the Snorkel) and then he mentions about rolling for "Evasion" on page 27. Yet, I cannot find anything about the Evasion in the Deep Dive section. Is that just a 'typo' or did I "miss" something?

Thanks!

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Applewhite
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jim. On my first game I drew that card and scoured the rules to find the words that said I could save it for later...those words are not in the rules that I read. All of the rules point to immediately satisfing the event cards before continuning.

As for question number 2, I do not have an answer for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HAHA.... I was afraid of that! I believe you are right that you cannot save it for later. I went over the rules some more and I read that it DOES say in the Operations Segment that you need to "Resolve Event Cards" and then you can move to the next area and then resolve event cards there, nothing about "saving it" till later!

Maybe someone else knows what they meant in the example.

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jim. The rules don't require an Evasion roll to Deep Dive, so I suspect the Example used some earlier draft rules that didn't make the final cut.
Dean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dean! I suppose you're right and they had originally wanted to use an example of how to use Evasion, but then forgot that the 'move' was a DEEP DIVE. Oh well... at least the Evasion part of it was shown how it was 'used'.

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.