4 Posts

Revolver» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules check - one shot cards vs. firepower cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Hirschman
United States
flag msg tools
As I learn this game, I am finding a few of the rules are unclear.

1) The only cards that are put in a row on a battlefield are the ones with a poker chip on them or cards that block rows. All other cards played from the deck are one shot cards and are discarded immediately after they are played. Correct?

2) Once a card is played on the battlefield, it remains there for the duration of the game unless it is removed during an attack or by the play of some other card. Correct?
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rich10 wrote:
1) The only cards that are put in a row on a battlefield are the ones with a poker chip on them or cards that block rows. All other cards played from the deck are one shot cards and are discarded immediately after they are played. Correct?

Yep.

Quote:
2) Once a card is played on the battlefield, it remains there for the duration of the game unless it is removed during an attack or by the play of some other card. Correct?

The player of the card can also voluntarily discard his card(s) from the current battlefield.

You can game the game with Ned McReady: Play him (to use his enters play, kill 1 bandit effect", discard him, use the "discard pile to hand" card, play him again (for another kill), discard and use "Shucks... Flesh Wound" to bring him back straight to play from discard (another kill). Assuming his 5 Firepower is enough addition to beat the Colty total, you bagged four kills this turn. For Colty the options are less powerful, but with the 1 Firepower card that forces Colonel to discard a card when it is played + 1-2 Saddlebags, you might be able to get Colonel's hand empty, ideally getting rid of those cards I mentioned in the Ned McReady example above and/or the Manolito card that kills 2 bandits unless you discard 2 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
One exception to the cards permanent in play: "Sandstorm" in the Colty Deck: This card is played beside a battlefield and stays there in effect while the turn marker is in this battlefield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
One exception to the cards permanent in play: "Sandstorm" in the Colty Deck: This card is played beside a battlefield and stays there in effect while the turn marker is in this battlefield.

Well, Sandstorm does pretty much fall under row-blocking card category for me, since it limits the lawmen to 2 cards at the battlefield it is played, difference to lawmen row-blockers that it can't be removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.