Subject: Aviation Maintenance Rates rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Lind
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
My favorite response to anyone's question about how something happened.
badge
Really, Mom, I was just sittin' here mindin' my own business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Table 4 Aviation Maintenance Rates has 2 columns (Automatic and On A Die Roll of 4,5,6).

Am I correct to assume a die roll is made to determine if aircraft IN ADDITION to the number in the Automatic column are repaired when a 4,5 or 6 is rolled?

My opponent has interpreted it to mean that a die roll is made FIRST and on a roll of 4,5 or 6 that column's number is used INSTEAD of the number in the Automatic column.

Example of first method:
A US CV is performing maintenance. 3 aircraft are maintained automatically. A 4 is rolled. An additional 2 aircraft are maintained for a total of 5.

Example of second method:
A US CV is performing maintenance. A 4 is rolled. 2 aircraft are maintained INSTEAD of the automatic 3. A total of 2 aircraft are maintained.

HUGE difference between the methods but didn't see any examples of this in the rules. The first method makes more sense to me as otherwise why not just have 2 columns titled "On a Die Roll of 1,2 or 3" and "On a Die Roll of 4,5 or 6".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.