Subject: Replayabilty rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sechzger
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
i am interested in how Brass creates it's replay ability in general and in the 2 player game.
The map seems small compared to other "train games". So i wonder a bit how it keeps us gamers involved over the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't speak for the 2-player game but as far as 3-4-player game goes, the replayability is pretty close to infinity, far greater than generally in euros.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
people more experienced can probably answer better, but there are some different approaches (trying to not say randomness) by the cards you have. More importantly, it is an extremely tactical supply and demand affair. So, so much of what you do is in direct reaction to what the other players are doing, even if it is just one other. What they do will change from game to game, and based on what you are doing. Lots of replayability there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game isn't totally different each time, but the depth of strategy and the different paths that players can take (and a little bit due to randomness of the cards) makes it very replayable, IMO... assuming you like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The variability comes from the cards. Which ones you're dealt will be different each time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Low
United States
Mansfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know. Since I played a nigh perfect four player game, I haven't had a strong need to play Brass again since. I felt like it was a puzzle that I solved, but I still will play on occasion.

Best,
-Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Chen

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played about 800 games of Brass. Towards the end I began to feel I had played enough of it (which is why I stopped!).

I played about 130 games of 2 player. I feel that as long as the two players are about evenly matched, it's quite a good game. I don't think I learned everything I could have about 2 player... but after about 500 games of 4 player, I felt it was time to move on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Your so-called kung-fu... is really... quite pathetic" - Pai Mei
mbmbmbmbmb
One way I think you can read the replayability of a game is to look at its strategy forum. Now, I don't like to read strategy forums, at least when I am new to a game. Part of the fun is figuring out how to play a game well.

However, a game with a great deal of depth and replayability will usually have a great deal of strategy discussion, because there is so much to learn about the game (there are other reasons why a game might be fun to play many times).

But when you see several pages of strategy forum posts, and posts like this one:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/494294/25-tips-after-50-play...

You can bet you can play the game many times and still have fun playing the game as you are likely to learn something new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That you actually played that many games of it suggest it's highly replayable. I would think few will ever reach that high a number of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Flood
United States
Richmond
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
talrich wrote:
I don't know. Since I played a nigh perfect four player game, I haven't had a strong need to play Brass again since. I felt like it was a puzzle that I solved, but I still will play on occasion.

Best,
-Greg

Sounds like you need to play random user.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.