4 Posts

Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel! – Kursk 1943» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cowering - lost firing attempt doubt rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leandro Cantiero
Brazil
flag msg tools
I am starting to learn the game, and found a situation where the rules are not clear to me. Any help would be very appreciated!

The scenario is: the German piece "Pz Gren" is active, just got hit and received a hit counter that is yet unknown to the German player. Now it is his turn and he wants to fire the ative unit. He has 3APs and zero CAPs. He announces that he is firing and the other player has to reveal his hit counter, which turns out to be "Cowering". As he would need 5APs to fire this unit, he can not do it.

My doubt is: does the German player loose the 3APs he used to announce the firing attempt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You always know what hit counters your own units have. You only keep them hidden to your opponent. So if the German unit was cowering, the German player would know it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Havlykke
Sweden
Rimbo
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious: Are you playing solo or against an opponent?

In any case, the hit counter is only supposed to be hidden from the other player. A player with a wounded unit may look at his own wound counters at any time, so he wouldn't end up in the situation you described unless of course he has a bad memory

In that case he wouldn't have to pay the 3 AP but you would, of course, know what was on the wound counter. Your opponent will have to check his wound counter BEFORE revealing it, to make sure that he's actually able to pay for his action, unless he wants to give away the status of his unit's wound counter to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leandro Cantiero
Brazil
flag msg tools
Thank you James and Anders. So naive of me, I interpreted the rules backwards.

I am playing against an opponent and it makes perfect sense now. Why would a guy not know he is cowering?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.