Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mysterious Matters of Max Metters / Moonifest Destiny
badge
Island of the Moths
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi-- I'm enjoying my first read of VQ rules. Such goodness! A question--

Is it possible to use the Control Unfortified Space action across Sea Zones if Lines of Communication across Sea Zones are fulfilled?

Rules in 12.1 explains how Lines of Communication are possible across sea zones (each zone requires friendly unit).

Rules in 12.2 explains the Control Unfortified Space requirements which includes reference to land units "adjacent to the space".

So maybe another way of asking this is: are land units connected over sea by Lines of Communication to a space adjacent to that space?

Thank you kindly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Forster
United States
Pleasant Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Institute THIS!
mbmbmbmbmb
Love your creative thinking, but no dice. Port 1 (containing your unit) and Port 2 (which you want to control) are both adjacent to the same sea zone, but they are not adjacent to one another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
You can use a LOC back across a sea zone to serve as the LOC when you flip an unfortified space. However spaces across a sea zone are not "adjacent" to one another (because the imaginary sea zone space is in between). So you would need a unit on the far side of the sea zone to flip a space (either the space under him or an adjacent one if all the criteria were met).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Gelman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mysterious Matters of Max Metters / Moonifest Destiny
badge
Island of the Moths
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! It's clear now. I offer you both treasure and an alliance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.