Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Shevalier
Canada
Orillia
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing." -Henry David Thoreau
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played through my first game of the LOTR Card Game and I have a few questions.

1. Is there a limit on how many allies you can have in play?

2. Can you have multiple allies in play of the same card? For example, can you have two Faramir's in play?

3. Does using a character's unique action exhaust the character? (I'm thinking of Eowyn here)

4. What are the rules for attachment cards? Can you have as many on one character as you want as long as they are not exhausted?

I will use this thread to ask any more questions as they arise. Thanks if advance for any help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No
2. Yes, unless the card forbids it. WHich Faramir does - he is unique (see the blob before his name)
3. Only if the card says so
4. Exhaustion has got nothing to do with it. Some attachments have conditions on the card. Otherwise as many as you want (including duplicates) unless they are conditional (think that's the name) when you can only have 2 total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siȏn Evans
Wales
flag msg tools
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:
unless they are conditional (think that's the name) when you can only have 2 total.

Restricted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Shevalier
Canada
Orillia
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing." -Henry David Thoreau
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick replies.

If one of your heroes dies, do you lose all of his resources? Can they be transferred if you have another hero of the same resource type?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Shevalier wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies.

If one of your heroes dies, do you lose all of his resources? Can they be transferred if you have another hero of the same resource type?

They are lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Shevalier
Canada
Orillia
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you use a character's action if they are exhausted? Thinking of Glorfindel here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shevalier wrote:
Can you use a character's action if they are exhausted? Thinking of Glorfindel here.

yes, as far as the action doesn't say that you have to exhaust the card you can use it even if it is already exhausted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.