Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
When scoring for planets, do you count your own home planet also (assuming you control it)? Most of the time it doesn't matter that much, since everyone else is scoring points for the same net gain, but the "New Earth" shows it's worth 3 (and a credit). So if you can't score your own, Terriforming looks like a big risk, because it makes it a juicier home planet (and only gives you 1 credit, which effectively just catches you up to the other races).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Morris
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to post a similar thread earlier, glad you did. I'm assuming you do score your own planet, hopefully we get an official ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be surprised if you didn't score it. Especially that New Earth is worth more, otherwise there would be no point to have that extra value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
When scoring for planets, do you count your own home planet also (assuming you control it)? Most of the time it doesn't matter that much, since everyone else is scoring points for the same net gain, but the "New Earth" shows it's worth 3 (and a credit). So if you can't score your own, Terriforming looks like a big risk, because it makes it a juicier home planet (and only gives you 1 credit, which effectively just catches you up to the other races).

Yeah, make sure to score your home planet each scoring round if you control it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.