Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Pritchard
United States
Highlands Ranch
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Journal of Impossible Things can only be played during the Doctor's Card Phase, correct? He can't play it before he draw his 2 cards to start his turn, right?

Also, if the Master does not have a token on his current Regeneration, the Doctor essentially gets to play the journal for "free"? In other words, the Master doesn't have to have a token on the Regeneration card to play the Journal, right? The "if one is available", to me, could potentially be interpreted that the Doctor can only play the Journal "if a token is available", so just want to confirm.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep the Journal should be played "in turn" not before. Drawing is always the first thing done on the turn.

Also by wisely choosing when to play it the Master might not benefit from it either. (so there doesn't HAVE to be a token on the masters card to play it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Pritchard
United States
Highlands Ranch
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks on this one, too, Leigh! Not sure why a competent Doctor player would ever play this when the Master has a token, but I guess I may find out with more plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Blink
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leighbob wrote:
Drawing is always the first thing done on the turn.

What about restoring a sideways Doctor regeneration? Shouldn't this be done before Drawing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
felipe1982 wrote:
Leighbob wrote:
Drawing is always the first thing done on the turn.

What about restoring a sideways Doctor regeneration? Shouldn't this be done before Drawing?

Yes, you're probably right. What I should have said is that you can't take actions/activate abilities before drawing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.