United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CAC = Cylon Attack Card

Overall, I'm pleased with the way Exodus turned out. However, I wish they included the appropriate # of CAC for those who play it without using the CFB while still maintaining as close to the same ratio of non-CAC to CAC as in previous sets.

Someone asked for fan based CAC cards to include in his Exo game without the CFB. The OP thanked several of us for his efforts, and mentioned he'd be eager to use some of our submissions. With that, it seems like a CAC super crisis should've been in order as well. I'm not going to be using any of those (at least I highly doubt it), but would like to hear some ideas others had in mind for a CAC super crisis.

I went mostly for mechanics for the CACs, and will likely go that way here for super crisis CAC as well (I've only seen the entire series once, so not THAT familiar with it.. hell I don't even remember the context for Massive Assault) but this is 1 case where starting from a thematic perspective could pay off. All I could think of are...

activate #1
basestars + heavy raiders

setup #1

1 civvy 1 hvy

1 bs 2 ra
1 civvy

1 bs 2 viper
2 ra 2 civvy

special rule #1
persistent fleet - keep this card in play. When the fleet jumps jumps, reveal crisis cards until a CAC is revealed. Resolve that CAC, shuffle back in the revealed crisis cards, then discard this card.

OR

special rule #2
Each player discards 3 skill cards. Any player that cannot do this is sent to Sickbay

EDIT:
special rule #3
Leave no1 behind: Leave this card in play. If the Colonial Fleet jumps in any other way besides "Auto-Jump", lose 1 morale and 1 population/civvy*

'/' means working this out from a design standpoint, as opposed to this being an in game choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both of the other CAC have the Basestars setup at the top. At least if my memory serves me correctly.

Any reason for the change?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
Both of the other CAC have the Basestars setup at the top. At least if my memory serves me correctly.

Any reason for the change?
I couldn't think of a combo of effects deadly enough for a super crisis CAC, so those what I have so far, the basestars being "closer to home" is an attempt to put on more pressure and tension

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe a super weak attack card but the ability is that no destination cards are drawn when the fleet jumps...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
Maybe a super weak attack card but the ability is that no destination cards are drawn when the fleet jumps...
Hmm, that's nicely evil, although I fear it may be tooo evil robot Heck, just jumping 1 distance towards the end, or them various effects that decrease jump prep track are painful enough yuk Perhaps restoring a resource or 2 may be in order, such as +1 fuel and perhaps also +1 population.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Danath wrote:
Hmm, that's nicely evil, although I fear it may be tooo evil robot Heck, just jumping 1 distance towards the end, or them various effects that decrease jump prep track are painful enough yuk Perhaps restoring a resource or 2 may be in order, such as +1 fuel and perhaps also +1 population.

HA-HA! I got it! Okay just a really fun idea not sure how great it is.

Maybe when the fleet jumps the cylon who played it get to pick from the two destinations.

Nah... to vicious... Unless the humans can counter it somehow...

Maybe a forced jump costs extra fuel? Or no die roll, just auto loss of population...

Great now i'm thinking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Next jump is blind? Just draw 1 Destination.

Next jump is un-scoutably blind? Draw the 2nd Destination card from the top.

But I think something even more evil - Cylon choice or "Draw Destinations until a 1-distance is revealed", is probably better for a Super-Crisis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe draw 5 destinations and give two to the admiral to pick from devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.