Subject: Fortress America: 1945 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: VARIANT [+] [View All]
Chuck Shaw

Illinois
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an idea a while back about how to play Fortress America with Axis & Allies pieces. The game could be played the same only using the A&A pieces instead of the ones that originally came with the game. The FA pieces of Cities and Partisans would still be used however. In this scenario, the year is 1945. The Japanese have occupied Hawaii and the U.S. has lost the battle of Midway. Britain and Russia have both fallen to Germany due to the U.S. being hard pressed by Japan. An Axis friendly government has come to power in Mexico, and Canada has declared its neutrality after the fall of Britain. Mexico wants its former territory back and is ready to join Germany and Japan in attacking the U.S. along its southern border. From the east, Nazi Germany launches an assault. On the U.S. west coast, the Japanese Empire attacks. Instead of Helicopters, Airborne Troops could be dropped from Bombers behind enemy lines. Bombers could still attack like the original FA Bombers. Instead of Lasers, the U.S. could use a free Rocket Attack from rocket bases. British or Russian pieces could be used to represent the Mexican armed forces, or pieces from another A&A game, etc. You can use your imagination. The possibilities are endless. What is scary about this scenario is that it could have happened had history turned out differently. Another fun way to play this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is a very workable alternate game/history idea.

Perhaps you should set it up and see how it goes.

As for rocket attacks... well, I would guess atomic bombs would more likely , being as that was what the USA was developing as their ultimate weapon at the time.

Great idea! Please come back and give us an update after you have played it out on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a good idea! Please write it up and post it in Variants. For a moment, I thought FFG had announced a 1945 expansion already... ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Strabala
United States
Hiawatha
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
With a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds neat! I'm looking forward to further development of this variant...

Thanks for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't News.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Meyers
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It's news to me!

I'd like to hear more!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Shaw

Illinois
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Atomic Bombs. Sounds like a neat idea. Thanks for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Shaw

Illinois
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan to set it up in the near future. Perhaps next week or so. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved Thread
Moved this thread from the News forum to the Variants forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Why didn't you place this within the original GAME entry? Even in addition for here as well. surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Shaw

Illinois
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I might post the 1945 variant in there later. Actually I was checking in to see if were any updates on the new FFG version, [seems to be taking forever to be released by them] and just added my variant while I was there. Sorry If I confused some people or caused some inconvenience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Fridy
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an old article called Axisworld 1950, an A&A variant from Grognard.com It used the FA map, but was more A&A in style.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.