Popular Tags: [View All]
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
Is there a reference to the differences among rules editions, particularly between the original and the Black Box editions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Blumer
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My question exactly.

I have noticed one change with the Black Box edition: 2 order cards of the same color can be played as a Jack as opposed to the older rules which required 3 order cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
wyldeoak wrote:
My question exactly.

I have noticed one change with the Black Box edition: 2 order cards of the same color can be played as a Jack as opposed to the older rules which required 3 order cards.

No, this is just one of the distinctions between the Republic vs. Imperial variants which are both included in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wyldeoak wrote:
My question exactly.

Well there are two sets of rules. The original game (Imperium rules in BB) were very cut-throat and difficult for new players. Then there was an unofficial-offical, variant (Republica rules in BB) that was then used by a lot of people that was originally developed by people playing MIT I believe (see TOP SECRET – Do Not Read). It changed a couple of cards and used the 2 order card rule, making things a little easier on players. The Black Box comes with rules and cards for both rules, and the differences are shown here:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Difficult for new players. Pah. New players are unlikely to realize how important seeding the pool can be, and will be slaughtered by those who can so easily now.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.