Subject: Longevity? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simone C.
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! I LOVE this game, I have it with me every time I can and play solitaire or with my friends and enjoy it every time. After so many battles I feel I have hit a dead end: after having found the best choices for celts and romans what is left? Of course, you can buy another set and mix and battle, but this is the easy way, is there other ways to give more "spice" other than buy other sets?

I mean, this game doesn't have any scenarios or objectives or some terrain choice to make every battle a little different ( i know, the idea behind the game is to be simple and "pocket") things that extend longevity a lot so it's really a pity to have as only choice buy other sets.

What do you think? How do you improve longevity (without buying other set of course)?

TY!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chema
Spain
León
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenarios: Paolo said that perhaps they'll release a set about terrains and scenarios. In fact, in the Orcs vs. Elves forums you have some custom cards making for a fan. You can create your own scenario houserules.

About more sets: I would buy every set. I mean, you enjoy the game both solitaire or with friends. The game is incredible cheap. Do you need more reasons to buy? You could even buy a second copy of each set, for example to play Roman Civil Wars.

About the perfect combinations: I haven't found them. And I doubt if they exist, since an army can be deadly for a specific foe, but not for another troops composition. But I've always tried to feel battles, not to find the ultimate army design!

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Actually, I'm curious in knowing which unit compositions have proven optimal in your gaming experience.

No doubt there will always be some meta-gaming and group thinking that will make certain combinations un-beatable for a certain gaming group, nothing that a fresh breeze of air coming from outside wouldn't tear down by bringing new ways of thinking and challenging it all .... not always tho!

So I'd really like to know at what unit point count you folks play and which those ultimate combos are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone C.
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, facing always the same enemy (i underlined that the longevity thing is just for using 1 set) brings to choose always the better units to counter theirs, the only difference could be the deploy but not so much. At least this is how i see in my group.
Well , i hope to see soon those new stuff for PB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt G
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always try an asymmetric start - more points for one army but the other army gets reinforcements in the second round? Another thought, repurpose some troops to make one side double cavalry vs doubling the archers on the other - Agincourt style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.