Subject: Do you need the base set to play this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, can anyone tell me if you need the base set to play this? I'm waiting for the next version to get the base set, but would like to get taste before then.
thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
You do -- but only because the game needs to be played with more than two heroes for it to scale correctly and this expansion only comes with two heroes. It's a fun game system; I'm sorry that you'll have to wait to get a session going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is not meant to be played with only 2 heroes and rook city only comes with 2 heroes. You could try using both heroes and also 2 incapacitated heroes (using the reverse side of the two heroes included) to try a '4 hero' with 2 players. It would be sketchy because I don't know if 2 incapacitated heroes + 2 heroes would be equivalent to 4 heroes (maybe you could call it '3 heroes' in terms of the 'H' mechanism ) but I guess it could technically work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.