United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, rarely but yes. I often had more than 20SPs in Moscow at the start of a turn for the Russians when playing the combined GBII/CB monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
TankBoy wrote:
OK, so I take it the older OCS titles made use of a higher ratio of supply using the older rules (2.0i -3.0i).

Assuming 4.0 either lowered the amount of supply available in general (thereby making supply more valuable) or made the amount of supply needed to do certain actions lower to do said actions, what is the rule of thumb to play these older titles?

You said up to half. Is that a firm, generally agreed upon amount? What circumstances would arise if one uses the 4.0 ruleset and doesnt change the supply amount in these older games? Major imbalances and unrealistic results perhaps?

I'll be kicking off with Tunisia soon and would like to have all my ducks in a row;-)

certainly no need in Burma! Well not yet anyway its only Turn 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
TankBoy wrote:
kiraly wrote:
I really wouldn't worry about it too much, just go with the supply levels as they are and have a good time, especially if you're just learning the system.

This looks to be very sound advice. Thanks

I also would recommend using the supply levels as they are. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.