Hide
7 Posts

Dungeon Run» Forums » Rules

Subject: Player versus player Glyph Room rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
curious person
msg tools
Does the glyph room tile stating, "assist only" apply to a player versus player battle, or does it only apply towards encounters?

It came up in a game tonight, so I was just wondering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back of the rule book wrote:
Only assisted heroes can make a battle action against a monster on this tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies for my brief (and possibly rude-sounding) reply, I was in a hurry. Here's my advice in full:

The words on the green tiles are not new rules in and of themselves - they are there simply to remind you about the special rules for this tile, and are necessarily brief (and therefore possibly ambiguous) because it would otherwise clutter up the tile. When in doubt, consult the full rules for said tile on the back of the book, and take those as gospel. And in the case of the glyph room, the back of the book mentions nothing about PvP attacks needing to be assisted, so I would assume that the standard rules apply, and players are free to hack away at each other with no third party assistance required.

Bear in mind, of course, the standard rule: no prodding each other in the presence of a monster, so two players in this room with a monster would need to help each other out and get rid of the beastie first before having at each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
den myos
Denmark
Næstved
flag msg tools
I dont what to hijack this thread.

But who gets the treasuer/encounter when doing a assist.?

The guy who is asking for assist, or the guy who do the assist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
denmyos wrote:
I dont what to hijack this thread.

But gets the treasuer/encounter when doing a assist.?

The guy who is asking for assist, or the guy who do the assist?
You only get to assist someone who is in a tile with a monster. Who drew up the Encounter is not a matter of concern here. If the Encounter is defeated, the person who is being assisted will receive the card as loot.

Treasures are not automatically received after an Encounter has been resolved. You have to perform the Search action to pick up Treasures (that have been rolled up when the tile was first revealed and entered) after clearing the tile of monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
den myos
Denmark
Næstved
flag msg tools
So whats the point of Assist when you can been unlucky and get nothing.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
denmyos wrote:
So whats the point of Assist when you can been unlucky and get nothing.?

You can rally and heal one wound, and maybe get some good will coming your way, until the betrayal. Plus, it don't required the assisted player to be successful. He can fail to do anything, and you still get to rally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.