Popular Tags: [View All]
Bleicher
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
MG
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently finished an epic T&E game at BGG's Tigris online. It was so interesting that I have decided to save the game log, so I could write a thorough session report with comments about what was going on. My reasons to do so were the fact that it was a fine example about how good decisions could revert some famous preconceptions about the game ("you won't win if you get too few temples", "it's impossible to recover from a bad start" or "it has too weight on starting order").

I thought it would be a good idea get my own board, reproduce the game from the log and take pictures from each round. Well, then I realized it would not be quite easy for a 14-round games full of conflicts (and I am not a very good photographer myself).

So, is there a simpler way to do that? I wonder if there's someone interested in writing a tool that would parse the log file and show the board state after each round (or turn). Or even if the guys who wrote Tigris Online would be interested in that. I've seen such tools for Chess, and, in my opinion, some Tigris&Euphrates matches could be just as interesting to be reproduced and annotated as chess matches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jurgen Koller
Australia
Cherrybrook
NSW
flag msg tools
Great Underground Empire
badge
Explorer
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest version of the iOS app includes a log of all moves. Not sure how easy it would be to get this off the device. At the very least you can transcribe in manually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mumford
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
ceci n'est pas une pipe
mbmbmbmbmb
seems like a job for illustrator or photoshop. A completely abstracted board with simple colored squares would be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably the best way to do this is to step through the game move by move using VASSAL and dump the boards as pictures then upload them to your BGG Gallery. VASSAL has that facility to do board captures. Make sure you logfile it as you are doing it as well so someone can replay the game if they want to in VASSAL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.