Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As you may know from another thread, I just got my rear kicked around pretty good as the Allies in Quatre Bras. Most of my good British troops never got into the right, which put most of the action on my right flank where the Dutch got cut to pieces. The Dutch are the front-line troops in the scenario for the most part, with the British in the back waiting to be reinforcements.

My thought is that I should have found a way to get my better troops into the battle, but I have no idea how to put British troops on the forward hills initially occupied by the Dutch. And, of course, on my right flank which was virtually eliminated (I did get British Guard Infantry into action on my right, but they were gradually shot to pieces).

So my basic question is how to a) reinforce properly and b) prevent myself from losing a lot of flags when the Dutch start taking big casualties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
b) You must not stay in front, you can also tactical retreat (behind the center hills for example) whistle
and then

a) you waiting for good cards, to bring your other good british in a good battleline

but yes, it´s a harder one for british (victory rating just
43 % for british).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched a lot of your game. Drop me a note and I'll be happy to share my observations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After my latest loss, this time as the French at Talavera, I'm thinking a bit more about that. It wasn't quite as one-sided as the previous game (I lost 7-3 as opposed to the 9-1 pasting I took at Quatre Bras) and I got some of my licks in.

The downfall of the French in this game was that the Line Infantry could never close to melee range where they are at their deadliest. Whenever they were ready to try and attack the British lines the Brits were able to shoot them up before they could close, inflicting not just losses but forced retreats. The British didn't have to attack, but they managed to do a heck on a lot of damage just shooting at range. The artillery on both sides also had their say, with their longer range, even with fewer dice, coming into play almost constantly.

I'm hoping I can continue to improve in my next game, whenever that turns out to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.