Arkham Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Are the difficulties of the expansions known rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gábor Koszper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I'm trying to make the game a bit harder for my group. Are there somewhere known data of which expansion make it how much harder? I heared that Insmouth is hard and Lurker is easy, but is there anything better than rumors that I have to hunt for on the Internet? Like an ordered list or something.

Thanks,
Gábor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AliZyklaTCWzdEs...

Tibbs has the numbers, but realize that most expansions have many modular elements, some of which make the game harder, some easier. That said, both Innsmouth and King in Yellow are generally considered "hard"... and any expansion (except perhaps the Lurker without Miskatonic) will up the difficulty some.

Personally, I like Dunwich Horror as a first expansion, because it not only increases the difficulty, it improves the flow of the game with the Injury and Madness cards. (And now that I look at Tibb's numbers, I see that it is also the second most difficult; this feels about right.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gábor Koszper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that's a useful document. We already use Lurker at the Threshold (we were kind of bad at the beginning, so it was okay to have an easier one and I liked the thematic dynamic of the pacts) and Kingsport.

Last time we played Tulzscha and to make it harder, we tried to have Eihort as ancient one, so that we won't go hunting the cultists. I really couldn't think of a harder Ancient One for this herald.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.