Subject: How to play a less than 5 player game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Ma
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
I went over the rules book, it didn't say anything special for the less than 5 player situation.

1. do we still use all 5 action cards each round for say a 3p game? if so, that means 2 of the 5 won't get used.

2. since this game is based on area control and in order to keep it tense, I was thinking of removing 1 edge region per player decrease. i.e. if 4p, remove Galacia (on the left edge), and if 3p remove Galacia and Catalonia.
That should keep the competition more intense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Loscutoff
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
I'd rather lose to a good move, Than win to a bad one...
badge
the abstract manifest.
mbmbmbmbmb
See the suggested solutions in the Variants section of the Forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it plays very well as is (i.e. no variants) with just 4 players. Yes, there will be one unused action card each round. Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Moore
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
What he said. I think 4 player the best, actually. No one gets stuck with 'that one useless card.' Three player is dismal, that needs tweaking for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you only have 2 or 3 players, you only use one or two scoring boxes in each region respectively. I missed that rule for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.