Subject: The Dice Cup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Bove

New York
msg tools
mbmb
Hello all!
I just got Zombie Dice and on the first shake the bottom lid of the tube popped right off spilling all the dice onto the floor. Thus making it a necessity to hold the lid in place (or tape/glue it). Is this something everything experiences, or is my copy screwed up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
That's never happened to me. But I've recently started putting them in a dice bag for drawing rather than the tube anyway. It's easier and helps prevent damage to the label on the tube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moviemakinggod wrote:
Hello all!
I just got Zombie Dice and on the first shake the bottom lid of the tube popped right off spilling all the dice onto the floor. Thus making it a necessity to hold the lid in place (or tape/glue it). Is this something everything experiences, or is my copy screwed up?

Happened to my copy. Nothing that a little super-glue couldn't fix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happened to me as well. Superglued, & we always hold the cup from the bottom. Great game, though. My family has gotten a lot of mileage out of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
United States
Slippery Rock
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
:l
mbmb
Although the practice of holding the bottom lid isn't needed any more, due to glue, it is still used because of habit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually use a cloth bag.
It has a cord to close, and we use to pull out dice from, so the cup is only storage now.

Works way better, pulling dice from the bag, imo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moviemakinggod wrote:
Hello all!

The first run of the game is prone to this when excessive shaking happens. For the second run we paid for an extra glue pass, but some out there still get a bit excited when they shake and blast the bottom of the cup off. I was considering triple glue for the third printing, but I'm starting to think that some people see it as a challenge to shake the cup so hard that the bottom comes off.

What I do is rattle the dice in the cup and not try to put all of my energy into shaking the dice as hard as I can. And when I teach the game I always smack the cup on the table when it comes to me. That helps pop the lid back into place if another player has been having fun shaking as hard as he can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have two hands? Shake the cup with one hand over each end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine eventually popped off so I ditched the whole thing; cut the label off and affixed it to a big plastic Farkle cup. Works great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xipuloxx wrote:
That's never happened to me. But I've recently started putting them in a dice bag for drawing rather than the tube anyway. It's easier and helps prevent damage to the label on the tube.

We even released a bag for anyone who prefers bags:

http://www.sjgames.com/dice/zombiedice/bag.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife made a bag with a drawstring. Much, much easier than tube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bove

New York
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for all the responses everyone. I was just making sure it was a common thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle V
United States
California
flag msg tools
PhilReed wrote:

No product image? That's a must-have for any product web page! If it's a generic bag, no big deal. But if it has a good zombie theme, you'll get my money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kjetil Svendsen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
My Secret Santa is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a photo of the bag to the left of the page, and two more pictures if you click on the links underneath it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bauser
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The bottom popped off mine the third or fourth time we played it. I'm definitely going to buy that bag!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McHale
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilReed wrote:
xipuloxx wrote:

Thanks for this, I just ordered two of them. I could not send my son back to college without his own set of Zombie Dice and a bag.

I am sure he will not figure out how to make this a drinking game with his frat brothers.

Damn, that might have been a mistake...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.