Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up today. My wife was wanting to move some workers around, but due to their location, it would have left an illegal placement because some were adjacent, and she didn't have enough money to remove the offending workers off to a legal location.

Could she just remove the offending worker at this time? Or, is she forced to not make the moves she wanted?

We ruled that she would have had to remove them in the preceding End of Season phase, but I said I would ask. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacer
United States
Cobalt
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that you can only remove a worker from the country board to retire it in the Farming phase, to apprentice it into a guild or retire it in the Market Day phase, or by not paying it's wages in the End of Season phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
/geeklist/240879
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have to agree - you can't remove workers during the 'move' phase - they would (should) have been removed in some appropriate prior phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rocksnrolls wrote:
My understanding is that you can only remove a worker from the country board to retire it in the Farming phase, to apprentice it into a guild or retire it in the Market Day phase, or by not paying it's wages in the End of Season phase.

I would agree although I would probably let a beginner* remove it and save the cost of having kept it in place if it wasn't going to affect anyone else

*depending on who they were
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.