Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Scott
United States
Saint Augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need some suggestions from the bgg community. My wife said that she would probably be up for playing three or so games during our upcoming vacation. I can probably fit double that in my vehicle for the trip. Out of my collection, what three - six games would you take? It will just be the two of us playing.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg r
United States
TROY
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
we have some of the same stuff, I cant tell you exactly what to take, but I can show you how to pack to get more games in especially if you want to take your Seven Wonders and Stone Age game, I did not take the dice cup for stone age. I also had 400 sleeves packed and sleeved some stuff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Ramos
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Sing, o muse, of the wrath of Achilles...
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, since you asked:

7 Wonders
Agricola
Alien Frontiers
Elder Sign (good stand-in for AH, but easier to pack)
Ghost Stories
Jaipur
Lord of the Rings Co-op
Troyes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Scott
United States
Saint Augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good ideas so far. I will throw in another caveat. Is there a must have 2 player game that I am missing in my collection that I should be taking on vacation with me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witek W
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
“It is a civilizational wake-up call. A powerful message—spoken in the language of fires, floods, droughts, and extinctions—telling us that we need an entirely new economic model and a new way of sharing this planet.” ― Naomi Klein
badge
“Climate change has never received the crisis treatment from our leaders, despite the fact that it carries the risk of destroying lives on a vastly greater scale than collapsed banks or collapsed buildings.” ― Naomi Klein
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic: the Gathering !

From outside your collection I like to take Citadels with me then going on vacation. It is very easy to explain to people you may meet - and goes great with wine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Ramos
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Sing, o muse, of the wrath of Achilles...
mbmbmbmbmb
Citadels is good, though I don't know how it works with 2 people. I can suggest Caylus Magna Carta, San Juan, and Mr. Jack Pocket for compact, engaging 2-player games. I'm surprised you don't already have the former two, since you do own Caylus and Puerto Rico. Get thee to the store!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When Alesia and I go on vacation, we always stop by a souvenir shop and buy a deck of cards. We have cards from Chicago, St Lucia, Cancun, Sevierville, Nashville, New York… ect, ect, ect…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
Is there a must have 2 player game that I am missing in my collection that I should be taking on vacation with me?

Hive

I have a copy in the car and it gets played whilst we wait for our food whenever we go out. Since the newer edition is bakelite its spill proof too.

Enjoy your vacation :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Scott
United States
Saint Augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic the Gathering is a nice suggestion if we had a couple of solid decks to play; I think it would be easier for us to throw together something for Summoner Wars.

Hive is also something that I should think about though we usually look towards the Gipf collection for a vacation-friendly abstract.

A deck of cards isn't a bad thought either.

Thanks for the suggestions! Keep them coming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While light and quick, "Hey, That's My Fish!" has a rather small box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rog
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My vote:

Elder Sign
Lord of the Rings LCG
Space Hulk: Death Angles
Tikcet to Ride

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Scott
United States
Saint Augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last day before I leave. Any new suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.