David Folksman
United Kingdom
liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
Keep Crom and crush you enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

We had a situation the other night where the US wanted to roll WoI in Egypt. So we rolled its posture and it came up poor, but then the US didnt have a 3 ops card to WoI in Egypt, what happens then?

Also, Can the US just keep declaring WoI targets and keep testing posture on countries this way?

From the Jihadists side, if I want to move into a country with a cell, do I declare the move, then test posture, then roll?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyF wrote:
Hi!

We had a situation the other night where the US wanted to roll WoI in Egypt. So we rolled its posture and it came up poor, but then the US didnt have a 3 ops card to WoI in Egypt, what happens then?

The US WoI is negated and his card is discarded.

Quote:
Also, Can the US just keep declaring WoI targets and keep testing posture on countries this way?

Yes, but it's not a great idea in Muslim countries since they will mostly turn out Poor Governance. It's a better idea if the US Posture is Soft and the target country is non-Muslim.

Quote:
From the Jihadists side, if I want to move into a country with a cell, do I declare the move, then test posture, then roll?

Yes; though movement to adjacent countries is still automatic and requires no roll. [Assuming "move into a country with a cell" means "move a cell into an untested country".]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morocco Mole
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Actually, your first situation is mentioned in 2011 rules.

4.9.5 Mandatory Follow Through. The side triggering a test must carry out the action regardless of the outcome of the test. If the US side attempts a War of Ideas operation in a Muslim country with a card of insufficient value for the Governance resulting from a test (7.1, 7.2.1), the War of Ideas operation automatically fails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Folksman
United Kingdom
liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
Keep Crom and crush you enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Note also that test only applies to Unmarked countries. So a WoI target that is already Poor would receive only the roll on the WoI table. vfr

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.