JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings fellow geeks! It's Monday! The weekend is now over, and as we toil at our assorted labors, we should recount our past weekend gaming exploits.

So, all you weekend gamers, bring your mini-session reports and stories of weekend gaming greatness, as you pop in here to answer the question:
What did you play this weekend?

The Geeklist version can be found here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/142202/what-did-you-pl...

Check out the subscription thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4115320 Subscribe so you don't miss a single moment of the fun!

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. My mom was down visiting, and we were really busy. So for the first weekend in a really long time, I played 0 games. =-(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
Aton 2
Modern Art 2
Alien Frontiers 1
The New Era 1

No new games but all very fun ones!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fleet x2
Bohnanza x2

Hansa Teutonica

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This Saturday was BillCon 2012, the second annual game day to celebrate my birthday gaming with friends.

Friday
2x - Dominion Androminion: Base, Seaside 1st and 2nd

Saturday
1x - Eclipse 3rd in 4p 34,29,20,12
1x - Railways of Engaland & Wales 3rd in 4p 39,35,28,15
1x - Forbidden Island Won 4p Hangman's Harbor on Normal
1x - Qwirkle 5p Won 108/4q, 107/5q, 94/2q, 68/2q, 60/2q
1x - Power Grid 2nd in 4p 18,16,15,12 using German map
2x - Summoner Wars Lost as Deep Dwarves v Benders, Won Mtn Vargath v Sand Goblins
1x - Memoir '44 My first game of Overlord. Won as Axis 8-7

We started at 8:15am and went until 10:30pm. Had lots of fun. Would have liked to have seen more friends show up, but those that did had a great time.

meeple Keep playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Henning
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandemic: On the Brink- Played with 5 epidemics and lost. AGAIN.

Carcassonne- I haven't played this one in a very long time. But I managed to pull out a win.

Catan: Cities & Knights-A totally lopsided three player game of this,as the eventual winner absolutely crushed both of us for a frustrating gaming experience as neither of us could secure resources. 10 came up time and again and the winner had them both locked up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
We were four guys on Saturday:

Canal Mania with the new Erie Canal map (which can be downloaded here on the Geek). I wrote a Session report about it, if anyone is interested: Building the Erie Canal

Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game, Scenario 4. We played that three times, the first two games where both a desaster for us heroes, and the evil won. But in the third attempt, we kicked Strahd's ass meeple

Kingsburg with the expansion set was our next choice, followed by

Ra - we haven't played this in a long time. Although it starts to feel a little old nowadays.

Wizard was chosen to finish a great game night. We used the new 15th anniversary edition with the metal coins and ended at 3 AM in the morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Steynen
Belgium
Wilrijk
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
- 1x Pandemic (4p)
Was a long time ago, I enjoyed it a bit but we forgot the infect a city with 3 cubes on an epidemic card so the game was too easy.

- 2x Dixit: Odyssey (6p and 7p)
First time with Odyssey, I'm not a fan of playing with more than 6 players. The new voting system and point counting are too cumbersome and distract too much of the real game. It's hard to see who voted for what so it's harder to see what exactly happened during the vote. I miss being able to easily see who chose my card and asking them why they voted for it. The new cards are as good as the old ones though.

- 1x 7 Wonders (5p)
Standard 7 wonders game.

- 1x Goa (4p)
First time I played this game. I liked it and look forward to exploring it a bit more. But I'm not sure if it will be able to keep me interested for very long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agricola and Stone Age.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got one game of Cloud 9 in with some friends on Friday. It was a good game that their 10 year old could join us for (their 3 year old rolled the dice for mom).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lefebvre
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Only played Ninjato

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Herrera
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic weekend!! I got to meet with a friend on Friday and Saturday meet up with my group. Games played this weekend include:

Lords of Waterdeep
Small World
Vegas Showdown

When I got home my order from FFG arrived (House of Fear Expansion:MOM) and the sun was just setting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2xNetrunner
1xWar of the Ring
2xCommand & Colors: Napoleonics

With the announcement that FFG will be remaking Netrunner, I figured there would be some interest in the old game and I was correct. Several people stopped by to watch or ask about the game and two people jumped in to play (one new one old).

We also made it partway through a third game of C&C: Napoleonics where we were doing the Waterloo scenario, but the store had to close before we could finish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Alert x3
Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin x1
Eminent Domain with Eminent Domain: Bonus Planets and Eminent Domain: Elusive/Exclusive Victory Promo x1
Dungeon Lords x1
Contrario x1
The Resistance x3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I threw a game night party, which turned into more of a party than game night.

Hedbanz as a warm-up. It was amusing to see the cards on people's heads and have them asking questions like "am I a vegetable?"

Notre Dame with the three others interested in strategy games rather than party games. Reminded me that I never got around to requesting the purple blocks that were not inside the box when we tore off the shrink.

More Hedbanz since a consensus for another more serious game couldn't be reached.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
De Waey Joeri
Belgium
Oostende
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday:

plays with 6 players:

Wizard

Mixmo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dutch Jones
England
Telford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Birthday party for my little girl, so other than musical bumps, statues and pass the parcel the only gaming was Shave a Sheep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Wand
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Started out Friday night with my gaming buddes, slugging vodka and talking smack over a couple games of Citadels, then ended the evening with our favorite game, Hansa Teutonica. (I know, ending with a heavier game, especially after a few drinks.. but that's how my game buddies role , sometimes, anyway).

Saturday and Sunday, Lords of Waterdeepx3 with my 9 yr old. About turn 3 of the first game he says to me "I got it now, I'm ready to really play." After that game he said he loves it, and I do too. Just a great game all around!

Dominion, with Intrigueand Prosperityexpansions, then 7 Wonderswith my 6 yr old and 9 yr old. Old standbys which we haven't played for a month or so, always great to get those out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GANDON François
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ticket to Ride: USA 1910 : been a long time since we played it "for real" (as opposed to tens of solo games on the iPad recently).
Then Glory to Rome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed G.
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday:
Classic Battletech: Total Warfare

Saturday:
Nothing, though I had Mage Knight: Board Game almost set up to try a solo play.

Sunday:
Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer three times with my wife. She won them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HMS Iron Duke
United States
Bartlett
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1x Betrayal at House on the Hill We as the non-monster characters won. I as the Priest had my body pummeled as my soul went traipsing about the house without me.

1x Star Trek: Fleet Captains Played my first 4 player game. Got trounced as the Klingons 16-5. We had the boring sector of space, no encounters or anything.

1x Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game My Chaos team went down to Jason's Dwarves (with a very high number of Woodelf star players) 81-76. Very high scoring game.

So I lost, a lot, on Saturday night but I had a great amount of fun in the losing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dahl
United States
West Fargo
ND
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2x Agricola
2x Thurn and Taxis
1x Nightfall: Martial Law
1x Acquire
1x Monty Python Fluxx
1x 7 Wonders
1x Dominion
2x Ticket to Ride: Europe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I played Skyrim on the computer. Hope to get some gaming in during the week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Friday:

Ground Floor - Finished my PnP build, and just did a run through of the game solo, playing 2 boards.

Saturday:

Tsuro x 2
Merchants & Marauders x 1 - Actually we didn't get to finish. First time playing for all 4 players. Took a bit, but we eventually found the rhythm of the game. When we stopped we just declared the guy with 5 GP's as the winner. Next time we should be able to jump right in and play a full game.

...oh, and I got to see the Avengers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to the house of
Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and played Dominion, El Grande, and we misplayed El Capitán. I hope to play El Capitan (correctly) the next time they have me over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chapa
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lords of Waterdeep x2
Pandemic x2
Arkham Horror
Lemonade Stand x2
Yggdrasil x4

Possibly Mystery Express tonight!

It was a great weekend. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.