Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you to those individuals who e-mailed me information about Kickstarter, as I was completely unfamiliar with the concept or what it could do for us. As we have three of the seven pieces ready for the next phase, we were in need of funding and commitment. To that end, we’ll post our Kickstrater Project by this Friday. I’ve already included several pictures (big thanks to the BGG & FFG Arkhamites who viewed them and provided feedback!) and the video. We’ll have our bank account established this week, and we can start raising the funds necessary to complete the project! Thanks to the nearly 100 members on this forum alone who have continued to correspond with me on this exciting endeavor. See future updates on Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Randell
United Kingdom
Newport
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to seeing this project!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're both very excited about it ~ and having the chance to showcase the work, as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
I subscribed to this thread for updates - even if you start a fresh topic for the KS (which you should, in the KS forum), can you post here, too, for anyone who might miss it? Easier to subscribe here than to the KS forum, which is constantly updating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt,

I appreciate the post ~ I didn't even know there was a KS forum...I'll do that now! Ummm, where exactly is the KS forum?

Thanks,
Joe/the Professor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefamily/8374/kickstarter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt,

Obviously, I need a primer on the page...it was completely blank. I'll play with it later, but if you have any tips on how I can post my thread there, I'll pay close attention.

Thanks,
Joe/tP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have pictures that actually show what these things are going to look like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe,

is this a storage solution as well?

This news couldn't come at a better time.
[url]http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/9168024#9168024[/url
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shieldwolf,

Yes, our initial thought was to reduce the real estate required to play the game. In the end, however, we're creating pieces which have both form and function. When players finish a game, they can place these pieces on a bookshelf, maintaining either the cards or the components in an attractive way. It is NOT a storage solution that you pack away, but instead one which you display.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaphod,

Yes, we have several pictures which will appear on the Kickstarter page once we're up-and-running.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the bear
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
still usefull if you got your cards sleeved?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh, yes my friend...my girlfriend and I spent several hours and drank several bottles of wine one weekend sleeving 1,000+ cards. The "Artist" took great pains to ensure that the various card holders can accommodate 'sleeved' cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferenc Wostry
Hungary
flag msg tools
Sounds good! Hopefully the extra postage for non-americans like myself won't be brutal, because I'm very intereted in a good looking display/components solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wostry,

My friend Julia from FFG, to whom I sent the pictures for feedback, lives in Italy and she asked the same question. As they're made of resin, they will have some bulk, but I don't know the cost, yet for shipping overseas. Maybe that can be one of the Kickstarter Rewards for overseas contributors ~ we'll waive the shipping costs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
oh, yes my friend...my girlfriend and I spent several hours and drank several bottles of wine one weekend sleeving 1,000+ cards. The "Artist" took great pains to ensure that the various card holders can accommodate 'sleeved' cards!

Great

Even sleeved GOOs & investigators?

I have mine in postcard sleeves but could always take them out if necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, I'm OCD, but not to the point where I sleeved the GOO or Investigator cards Having said that, one of the displays is ostensibly for the Great Old One and the Player's Plate will accommodate those cards...sleeved or not. Right now we have three card displays completed, with another four in-process for which we'll use the Kickstarter $$$ to move us forward!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm leaving the dice unsleeved -for now whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
Hmmm, I'm OCD, but not to the point where I sleeved the GOO or Investigator cards Having said that, one of the displays is ostensibly for the Great Old One and the Player's Plate will accommodate those cards...sleeved or not. Right now we have three card displays completed, with another four in-process for which we'll use the Kickstarter $$$ to move us forward!

How long until the campaign is started?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...I need to set up a business bank account, as we're launching this venture under our LLC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.