Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Edo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you re-use the same Samurai for different actions during a Turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Assume I have exactly 1 Samurai on the board and plenty of money (Ryo).

Can I do the following on my Turn?:
1. Trade with the Merchant (paying Ryo to move my Samurai and Merchant to the same space)
2. Build (again paying Ryo to move my Samurai to the location where I want to build)
3. Harvest Stone (again paying Ryo to move my Samurai to a Quarry location)

I understand that if I want to do the exact same action more than once, I need 2 samurai on the board (e.g. to build twice using 1 Authorization Card), but as long as I am doing it on different Authorization Cards, I can work my 1 Samurai to death? devil

Also, the following rules were not totally clear to me, so it would be nice to confirm:

1. The Action which adds Samurai to the board, but can also be used to "move for free" up to 2 Samurai. I can move those 2 Samurai anywhere I want for free? So just pick them up and put them exactly where I want them? Or do I have to follow the roads somehow? The rules just say "move 2 samurai" so someone might argue that you only get to move them 1 space each.

2. It took me a really long time to find the place in the rules that says anyone can pay money to move the Merchant. I was a bit confused at first how the Merchant would ever be in the same place as your Trading Post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Malz
Germany
Vechelde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Faranim wrote:
I understand that if I want to do the exact same action more than once, I need 2 samurai on the board (e.g. to build twice using 1 Authorization Card), but as long as I am doing it on different Authorization Cards, I can work my 1 Samurai to death?

You understand it correctly. Each Samurai can be used once per action, i.e. up to three times per round. Although you shouldn't work him to death...

Faranim wrote:
I can move those 2 Samurai anywhere I want for free?

Yes, you can! So in total, a "move for free" action can save you up to 12 Ryo (6 Ryo per Samurai).

Faranim wrote:
anyone can pay money to move the Merchant

But fortunately, you found it! And yes, you may move the merchant for money before ANY of your actions (like your Samurai), even if it will not be used in the coming action. But you may NOT move the Merchant with the aforementioned "move for free" action.

Best regards
Stefan Malz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your quick reply! I got my Kickstarter copy on Friday and we did a sample 2 player game. I will be able to explain the rules much better now that I have tried it once.

It seems very important to keep the Merchant away from your opponents' trading post, otherwise they can get lots of resources and Power Points cheaply. I won because I was able to buy resources and a Power Point every turn from the Merchant, so I didn't have to build as much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! That's one third of the rules I couldn't find while playing. We got these right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.