United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BSG PBF Variation 32 - The Grand Tour

This will be a 7-player using everything from Base, Pegasus, Exodus (except CL and PG) and Revelations expansion.

d10-1 Darkening_Light
d10-2 Vorpalgens
d10-3 GerryRailBaron
d10-4 ZsuEtAm
d10-5 j0frenzy
d10-6 Valen200
d10-7 Neolarthytep inkwizita Ripshawd

Basic rules

d10-1The game will be 7 players 4v3, loyalty deck will be built by Exodus rules, with 3 YAAC, 12 FF/YANAC (No personal goals). If at the end of the game the final card in the loyalty deck is a Cylon, the fleet will lose 1 of every resource.

d10-2 Pegasus damage-sponge effect rule:
Quote:
The destruction of Pegasus will carry a penalty of -1 population

d10-3 Any treachery discarded by human players from their hands will be shuffled into the Destiny deck.

d10-4 Execution loyalties rule:
Quote:

For executions before sleeper 1 F5 OR YANAC will be shuffled in, and a new loyalty will be dealt to humans. First execution after sleeper will be dealt the last loyalty. Humans executed after that will not receive a new loyalty, but will not be able to use their new character's OPG.

d10-5 The "posted and bolded happened" rule will be reinforced much more harshly. There will be no take-backs, rollbacks, stepbacks... We will however try to simulate the flow of a F2F game, so simultaneous resolving of things can happen.

d10-6 Public COs are strictly forbidden, and so are “CO sent” announcements.
All COs are strictly confidential in geekmail between you and me. Bolding actions when it's not your go is also forbidden (since they're public COs by another name). In the real game, you are never publicly bound to actions as you are with COs, so they should stay private. This is to protect an unrevealed Cylon’s right to lie, and to decrease the certainty of future events (and hence maintain paranoia).

d10-7 Do not quote or link to other posts that happened a page or more ago, but use your own words to describe what you think happened. Funny posts with lots of in-character images are greatly encouraged.

d10-8 For interrupt COs, I will wait till everybody who hasn't sent in a CO has played or passed, before adding in your COs. This gives you time to check in and revise your CO if needed, and allows me to pass late checkers who did not send in a CO but don't have the card, without giving away the information that they don't have the card. When I say "rest passes" or "passes by CO" I in no way confirm that anyone has or doesn't have an active CO for that situation. I may pass (and pretend you had a CO) if your intent is obvious, or wait for you even if you had a CO because the situation warrants it.

d10-9 Secrecy Rule Change:
Quote:
When discussing your contribution to a skill check (before you actually you put it in), you can only say a lot / medium / a little. And medium can only be used if you're playing in more than 1 card. Nothing more. Not # of cards. The # of cards is only published when you actually play the cards in.
Skill cards with specific effects (Red Tape, Iron Will, Higher Power, etc) can be alluded to before playing skill cards. They cannot be named or be confirmed to be in the check.
Failure to adhere to secrecy rules will result in harsh penalties.

d10-0 Be nice to each other.

Every accepting player must agree to check in at least twice daily (unless giving notification ahead of time)
The fine print. Read if this is your first BSG PBF game. Skim if it isn’t.
Post typography
* Normal text for discussions, etc
* Italics for flavour text/fluff - love reading it, keeps the game fun and interesting.
* Bold for in-game moves and actions. I won't process any decisions/actions unless bolded in the thread.

Images
Avatars change, images don't. Images can be found here. Please use an image or banner for all of your posts (especially in-character).

Players
- Rules & Regulations for the PBF games apply.
- To make things easier on myself, I will refer to all players by your character name and noun.
- For game speed, CO’s are a great way to keep things moving along.
- I will not wait for you to use your OncePerGame unless you say so, and if you’re going to interrupt in favor of the Cylons then please leave a CO beforehand, since I’m not going to check specifically for this every time there’s an attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BSG V32 - Legacy
Grand Tour Rules

- Pegasus is unavailable until the first jump.
- The game starts with 8 fuel, 9 food, 11 morale, 13 population
- Galactica gets a ninth damage token: "Damage two vipers in the reserves"
- The humans may build up to 4 nukes (but still start with 2)
- At distance 4 (immediately after sleeper) we'll go to New Caprica
- Civilian ships on the main board at the time of the jump will REMAIN on the main game board
- Anything placed by the destination card will REMAIN on the main game board
- 2 civs (if available) will be placed in the prepared stack, the rest will be locked.
- At the beginning of your turn on New Caprica every character (human and cylon) will receive 1 non-disaster trauma, allies will be available on New Caprica.
- After New Caprica (with the Admiral jumping away and all) we'll continue from distance 5
- No new destination will be drawn at the jump-away
- Also at the jump-away each human player will secretly send me a resource (no discussion allowed) and the one receiving the most vote will be increased by 1 for free.
- At jumpaway the pursuit track will be reseted.
- Everybody remaining on NC at the jump away will be executed (Cylons too)
- At distance 7, we'll trigger Crossroads (including the Battle of the Nebula). Try not to get eliminated, that would suck for you.
- After Crossroads the next jump (without a destination card) will take us to Colony, where the game will end using Colony rules.

Available Characters
- Note that Tory, Ellen, Kat and Anders are changed slightly, Cain changed heavily
- New characters: Lampkin (slightly changed from Opera House), Shaw (from Opera House), Racetrack (from Opera House), Hoshi (from Opera House), Laird, Seelix, Elosha, Hot Dog, Kelly (by schmloof)

Changes not yet reflected on these cards, but are in effect:
- Tigh's Cylon Hatred can be used on Airlock and Resistance HQ checks too
- Adama's Emotionally attached stands for Airlock and Resistance HQ, so he cannot activate them either.
- Apollo cannot launch from Sickbay.
- Kat can take out 2 civilian ships.

Note: Starbuck's Insubordinate does NOT stand for Airlock and Resistance HQ, thus it is not easier to execute her.

There are no character class limitations, you may play with 5 pilots for all I care.

Lines of succession:
Admiral
1. Cain
2. Adama
3. Tigh
4. Kelly
5. Helo
6. Gaeta
7. Shaw
8. Apollo
9. Hoshi
10. Dee
11. Starbuck
12. Kat
13. HotDog
14. Boomer
15. Racetrack
16. Anders
17. Seelix
18. Tyrol
19. Cally
20. Zarek
21. Ellen
22. Lampkin
23. Baltar
24. Tory
25. Roslin
26. Elosha
President
1. Roslin
2. Baltar
3. Zarek
4. Lampkin
5. Tory
6. Elosha
7. Ellen
8. Apollo
9. Gaeta
10. Adama
11. Helo
12. Tyrol
13. Cally
14. Seelix
15. Laird
16. Cain
17. Dee
18. Hoshi
19. Racetrack
20. Boomer
21. Tigh
22. Kelly
23. Shaw
24. Starbuck
25. Anders
26. HotDog
27. Kat
CAG
1. Apollo
2. Starbuck
3. Kat
4. Hotdog
5. Boomer
6. Racetrack
7. Anders
8. Helo
9. Kelly
10. Seelix
11. Adama
12. Cain
13. Tigh
14. Shaw
15. Gaeta
16. Hoshi
17. Dee
18. Tyrol
19. Cally
20. Zarek
21. Ellen
22. Baltar
23. Tory
24. Lampkin
25. Elosha
26. Roslin

Read and see Revelations components here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/816644/revelations-unofficia...

Additions:
Unchanged Treachery
1 (8 copies): 1 (4 copies): 2: (3 copies) 2: (3 copies) 2: (2 copies) 4: (1 copy)

Crossroads cards
Disturbing Vision
B: Discard 1 Trauma and 3 random skill cards. Cylon: Discard 2 more skill cards (not random).
A: Each Cylon draws 1 Trauma and the Human player with the most trauma token (excluding you) is executed.

Testimony
B: The human player with the most trauma token (excluding you, your choice if tied) may discard up to 2 Trauma tokens
R: Select a human player with at least one trauma. That player must either draw 1 Trauma token or move to the Brig.

Perjury
B: Select a Human Player. That player may discard any number of cards to draw the same amount of Faith. Human: Treachery discarded this way doesn't shuffle into Destiny.
R: Draw 2 skill cards (may come outside from your skill set), and target a player to draw 2 Trauma tokens. Human: The target must also be human.

The Opera House
B: +1 population, every player may draw 2 Faith skill cards
R: Target any player (human or cylon). That player must draw 2 Trauma tokens. Human: Discard 1 random skill card

Strange Music
B: Any player may immediately reveal (and keep) a Final Five loyalty card. Each player to do so may draw 3 Faith skill cards
R: The human player with the most Loyalty cards (your choice if tied) draws 1 Trauma token and discards 1 skill card

Scanned
B: Move all raiders in space areas to the Cylon Fleet Board. Human: Lose 1 morale.
R: Draw and destroy 1 civilian ship. Cylon: Increase Jump Preparation Track by 1.

Miraculous Return
B: Choose another human player who used his OPG. He must exchange his character with another (an executed character if able). His OPG is available again.
R: -1 Morale. Cylon: Draw 2 trauma tokens.

Trauma Rules
We are using selwyth's Trauma rules:
1 Sickbay trauma is given when player is sent to Sickbay
2 Brig trauma is given when a player finishes his action phase in the Brig
3 Medical Center and Detention works as Sickbay and Brig respectively
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So you subscribed David?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how it's even possible to make things crazier than full Revelations w/Cylon Civil War and Colony, but I'll be watching to see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No watching. Are you in, or out?

Seriously guys, trust me.
I need 6 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Out, unfortunately, modding 2 & playing 1 + a Fury of Dracula game is about my limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
The truth is still out there...
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
Only join this game, if you're really crazy.

6 players.

Something is wrong here...

By official variant standards as you mentionned yourself in V24, i am supposed to be "IN" automatically in variants game

And yet, i see this post with a mistake on it so let me correct it for you:

TDaver wrote:
Only join this game, if you're really crazy.

5 players with Vorpalgens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Caimion wrote:
Out, unfortunately, modding 2 & playing 1 + a Fury of Dracula game is about my limit.

You play Fury via PBF?

Is Redshark92 the mod by any chance?

He is a really good friend in "real life" so you can say that we play a lot of BSG-PBF together, he knows me well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Caimion wrote:

We can wait if you need a few days

I'm in no hurry to start, I just wanted to have this nice round number.
It took schmloof months to start V24, it took Gerry weeks to start V8 So I'm okay...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No hurry here, we start when we start

I have the feeling it's going to be the NC, Ionian, Colony trip with Revelations & Rebel Cylon & Cylon civil war?

I am ready whenever we'll be starting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpalgens wrote:
You play Fury via PBF?

Is Redshark92 the mod by any chance?

He is a really good friend in "real life" so you can say that we play a lot of BSG-PBF together, he knows me well.

Hmm, I've played three FoD PBFs, but haven't had Joe as a mod (I've had Hannibal Rex twice and DaveD the other time). I've played with him in #19 though and we crushed Dracula, so say hi to him for me! (he spent most of the game as VH on the far side of the map putzing around ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a big fan of crazy but I'm at a full load here. I can handle two comfortably but 3 games is a stretch, when I start to get confused, especially when one is an alternate universe of another one.

Put me down as your seventh. That is, I will play if you really can't get a sixth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Itor
Scotland
Dundee
Angus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Put me down as interested and willing to play, but willing to step aside if a new player wants in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Kominiarczuk
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in if you want me to play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseulie Ferenczy
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: BSG V32 - Legacy - PLAYERS NEEDED
Yeah, I'll check in for this insanity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deniss Zilajevs
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like i need more practice in variants.

Count me in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseulie Ferenczy
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Vufer wrote:
I feel like i need more practice in variants.

Count me in.

You don't practice track at the Olympics, but the inevitable crash and burn will be fun to watch all the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vufer: I'm holding the last two places for people I've sent invites to. If they decline or don't respond, consider yourself invited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell me I'm not going to regret this.

I'm in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieron Papps
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will play if there is space. Although. I have never played a variant game although read a few. Also I've never played New Caprica. So i'm prob not fit for this game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkening_Light wrote:
I will play if there is space. Although. I have never played a variant game although read a few. Also I've never played New Caprica. So i'm prob not fit for this game...

Well it is up to you. I promised you a game, sorry it's one of the more crazy ones If you pass, I'll invite you to the next one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Foxwell
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieron Papps
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:

Well it is up to you. I promised you a game, sorry it's one of the more crazy ones If you pass, I'll invite you to the next one.

Well if you're up for me being a bit slow with some of the new stuff. I'm IN
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, new idea. We're not playing my Legacy game.
We're playing my Grand Tour game. That can go 7 players.

1. Vorpalgens
2. ZsuEtAm
3. Valen200
4. j0frenzy
5. GerryRailBaron
6. Neolarthytep
7. Darkening_Light

I'll set up the rules in a moment...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseulie Ferenczy
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Vulfer, if you want my spot, speak up now. I'm fine waiting for the next game if someone is dying to get in.
Edit: same goes for neoralyhotep (or however you spell it). I'm fine waiting if someone else is dying to get in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [104] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.