Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joey Miseirvitch
United States
Durham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A question came up in the last game we played.

The fair scoring track goes from 1-39. If players end up scoring more than 39, do they continue around the track to determine first place for the 3rd fair, or do they just stop at 39 (or 40) and stack - applying the tie rule for scoring victory points?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know the answer to your question, but 39+ is a lot of fair points in my (limited) experience. How close were the other players in fair points?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Miseirvitch
United States
Durham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two of us could have gone over using expert tiles. We had a good bout of advancement with look and two of us kept capitalizing on that with both press release and experts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a single wine feature rises quickly due to the weather, people's fair points can go well above 39 if players are working hard to win at the fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you playing just the chosen slot experts? Remember that you are limited to two features and also by the number of the press release.
It is a difficult and rare scoring. But it is possible if you send always very hi quality wines to the fair. Normally those wines are better to be send to exportation or the Managers instant scoring. But it happens.
Anyway, my response is that you continue to adding points to the fair track, that is why we made it round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Miseirvitch
United States
Durham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:
Are you playing just the chosen slot experts? Remember that you are limited to two features and also by the number of the press release.
It is a difficult and rare scoring. But it is possible if you send always very hi quality wines to the fair. Normally those wines are better to be send to exportation or the Managers instant scoring. But it happens.
Anyway, my response is that you continue to adding points to the fair track, that is way we made it round.

Cool. yeah, it was weird seeing the scores that high. I was able to send some high quality wines to the fair to score big, but then I realized at the end of game that I should have exported them instead. Yes, we used the appropriate expert tiles that matched the fair selection as well. The two that scored so high were utilizing 3 or 4 experts each time, plus the 2 bonus for the one fair spot and 2 bonus for the vineyard that grants the fair bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.