Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lap Ho Cheung
United States
Aiea
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought CR few days ago, and having a great game time.
Most of my friends are new to D&D system, so we can't even finish Adventure 3.
But my question is I think it will get WoA and LoD later and will mix it up, should I do it now and start mixing all the goodies and rules or should I wait and finish CR first?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lastsurvivor00 wrote:
But my question is I think it will get WoA and LoD later and will mix it up, should I do it now and start mixing all the goodies and rules or should I wait and finish CR first?

Thanks

I only played a couple games of Drizzt before I bought WoA. I felt that I wanted to add more variety in the game; more monsters, more treasures, more encounters, more heroes, (more bosses), more tiles, etc. For me it would feel a bit redundant to play only with one set. I can highly suggest to add WoA and LoD in the mix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The more bits you have in a game, the fiddlier it will be. If you're playing this game at home and have lots of table space, sure, mix 'em up. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother, particularly if you haven't played each adventure yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to add more options and variety to the game, then you really can't go wrong with either option. LoD gives you more Heroes than WoA does (and they're very powerful), and also has a couple of adventures that are competitive or team based. WoA introduces door tokens, treasure tokens, chambers, and some basic campaign rules. Furthermore, since WoA's dungeon tiles have the exact same back as CR's, then you can easily mix the dungeon tile stacks together if you wish (I mean, you can do this with LoD's tiles as well, it just won't be as seamless).

Personally, I'd vote for WoA since the little things like treasure tokens and stuff make it easy to run a small campaign with your players. Simply put, instead of drawing a Treasure Card after defeating a Monster, you draw a Treasure Token, which gives you anywhere from 100-500 gold (or instructs you to simply draw a Treasure Card). Between adventures, you draw 3 Treasure Cards to build the "shop", and are able to buy items with your collected gold. NinjaDorg also has a nice list that gives gold value to treasure cards from CR.

Just my 2 cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lastsurvivor00 wrote:

If you have a good understanding of the game and want to create your own scenarios for your friends, then there shouldn't be a problem, but if you don't want to take on that extra work yourself, I'd wait until everyone has more experience with the game.

When you say that they can't finish Adventure 3, do you mean you lose because of their inexperience? I'd suggest adding an extra healing surge to your starting amount and seeing if that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lap Ho Cheung
United States
Aiea
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for all the tips. i think i will get it now anyway just for the options for extra powers and rules. i will stay away with LoD heroes because looks like they kind of OP.

EitherOrlok wrote:
lastsurvivor00 wrote:

If you have a good understanding of the game and want to create your own scenarios for your friends, then there shouldn't be a problem, but if you don't want to take on that extra work yourself, I'd wait until everyone has more experience with the game.

When you say that they can't finish Adventure 3, do you mean you lose because of their inexperience? I'd suggest adding an extra healing surge to your starting amount and seeing if that helps.

I think so, because we have 3 healing surge. the first game, we are so close that the artifact was down to 1 hp, and the stupid encounter card kill all of us. the second time we just manage to kill the boss and get killed by the monster that spawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.